Product Designer - Growth
About the opportunity
As a Product Designer working on the Growth Team, you will design and run our product growth experiments. Combining your product design expertise with a data-driven approach, you will help drive growth through rapid iterations and learnings from these experiments. You will work with colleagues across Product and Marketing teams to better understand our customers and market via data and customer research. You will also help identify opportunities for improving Contentful based on data, research, and your own insight and creativity.
What to expect?
- Work with our Growth Team (including PM, engineers, data engineers / analysts) to learn incrementally how users are using our product and discover new opportunities of product improvement.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of current user behaviour and suggest areas of improvement.
- Design, run, and iterate on experiments with PM and engineers on the team.
- Learn fast and iterate fast.
- You will partner with UX Researchers, UX writers, other Product Designers, as well as marketing experts to maintain a holistic holistic overview of the product experience.
- Present design solutions to cross-functional partners and company executives, defend design decisions, and incorporate feedback into the design cycle.
What you need to be successful
- Demonstrable industry experience in product design
- Excited to explore a variety of options for a specific problem
- Uses data and research to inform design decisions
- Eager to ship fast and learn fast
- Understand how to work well with stakeholders and rationalize design decisions
- Ability to improvise and develop creative solutions when common approaches fail. Understand the trade-offs in employing different design solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- You communicate well in English and you know how to cultivate empathy and openness towards people from all over the globe.
- You have a strong portfolio that showcases your work, provides details of your role on projects, and shows examples of functional designs that you have developed from start to finish
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- [Take a break and show off your barista skills at our artisan coffee machine or play with one of our pups. We’re a dog-friendly office!]
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin and San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.