Lead Product Manager
Littleton, Massachusetts, US
Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan - and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Our Data and AI product team is growing and we need your help. As a Product Manager (owner) for a key Data and AI offering, you will work alongside our team of world class product managers, designers, engineers, marketing, sales and customer success teams. We’d love for you to join us on this mission!
What’s the job?
- Overall product management responsibility for a cutting edge Data and AI offering
- Drive a clear multi-year strategy that establishes a long term defensible IBM position in the marketplace
- Lead and grow a team of product managers to drive execution against the strategy while scaling the business
- Ensure that the product is designed, engineered, named, branded, and marketed is all under a single vision
- Partner with key stakeholders including engineering, sales, marketing, and customer success to align goals and work as a cohesive team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A deep understanding of how to grow a SaaS business. Has been there, seen it, and understands success.
- A growth mindset, is relentless and has passion for building amazing products
- The ability to think strategically but loves to get into the details of the product and how it works
- Enough technical acumen to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions alike
- Can build trust, is willing to partner and is not afraid to speak their mind while contributing to a culture of openness and frank talk.
- The Ability to lead through change, and foster a strong, cohesive team culture
Location: Once IBMers are no longer working from home due to COVID-19 this will be an office based position in the greater Boston, MA area and will require up to 25% travel annually, therefore you must be local or willing to relocate.
Keywords: “product owner”, “product management”, “offering manager”, SaaS, roadmap, “market research”, “market strategy”, growth, features, adaption, negotiations, workloads, enterprise, strategy, “product requirements”, sprint, agile, “product release”, analytics, “data driven”, UX, “artificial intelligence”, cloud, AI
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years’ experience working in SaaS product teams that have a strong track record of shipping high quality software.
- 3+ years’ experience leading a SaaS product or in a lead role with a large successful SaaS offering
- Strong communicator and collaborator, with an emphasis on understanding design and engineering perspectives
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and execution skills
- Exceptional understanding of cloud SaaS products
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years’ experience in a technology company
- Knowledge and understanding of the basic types of AI tech
- Track record of product leadership. Ability to lead and influence teams as you drive the product roadmap.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Analytics Architecture Engineering Product management Research