Lead Product Manager (m / f / x )
We are looking for an experienced product manager to lead one of our platform workstreams. We are in the early days of capturing a multi-billion dollar opportunity and you will be joining us in the foundational stages of our journey. Your work will impact thousands of suppliers, and in turn, millions of customers.
The Partner Home Core team, based in Berlin, is responsible for building our next generation supplier application platform. We offer enterprise components and frameworks for creating supplier facing applications to our engineering teams: Common front-end components, shared services for supplier offerings, and application-specific tools. The platform we provide has to achieve both, accelerate Wayfair’s teams and enable a best-in-class user experience for our suppliers. We have big aspirations for more advanced, differentiated services that will help our suppliers onboard, manage, grow, and optimize their e-commerce performance.
In the role of the Lead Product Manager, you will be accountable for the development of our supplier platform offerings: You identify new platform solutions together with your team that help hit our platform outcomes around experience, efficiency, and scalability. You partner with internal engineering and product teams to understand their challenges, needs, and end to end use cases to create a valuable and viable offering. You work with operational teams to align and reshape our business processes and workflows across multiple geos when necessary. Success in this role means to build solutions which get broadly adopted across the supplier-facing ecosystem because using them is the fastest way to deliver impact.
What you‘ll do
- Lead product development for a cross-functional team of engineers, designers and analysts through goal setting, requirement definition, solution design, delivery, release, and adoption
- Define the product vision, own the roadmap to achieve it, and prioritize effectively together with your engineering counterpart where to allocate the team’s capacity
- Develop a deep understanding of your domain, its offerings, its use cases, and the broader eco-system for our suppliers and use data and intuition to identify the right problems and opportunities to solve
- Communicate and partner with leads and executives from engineering, product, and business across offices and timezones on building better solutions for our suppliers
- Take full responsibility for the launch strategy towards our internal engineering teams as well as suppliers and drive adoption of your products and services
- Measure and communicate the success of your team’s solutions
- Be an advocate for the needs of our platform users (engineers) and our end users (suppliers) towards your team and your stakeholders
- Ensure high-leverage product processes for feature requests, bug triage, product documentation, and incident handling within your team
- Be a key member of our platform group, work with fellow product and engineering leads, and contribute to the overall success of our teams and our platform
What you‘ll need
- 6+ years of experience in product management with a proven track record in delivering solutions for complex problems in multi-stakeholder setups over multiple quarters
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to coach others of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Ability to create clarity in an ambiguous or complex problem space and to break it down and sequence it into multiple end-to-end use cases using logic and data
- Capability to collaborate with engineering teams on scoping technical requirements.
- High attention to detail with a proven track record in taking ownership of problems independently and driving results with a healthy bias for action
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for creating impactful products and services
- Capability to collaborate with the broader organization across multiple time zones and to influence decisions even without direct authority
- An inclusive, adaptable, and persuasive communication style and the ability to author well-structured, data-informed narrative and documents
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
Nice to have would be experience with:
- B2B products, SaaS, API development, or data platforms
- A mix of start-up and large-company experience
- Basic analytical skills and hands-on experience with SQL, GA, and Data Studio
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes.
Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success.
We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.