Senior Product Analyst, Supply Chain
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
About the team and position
In today’s world, data is king and this is the team with all the data. If you’re excited about understanding complex data sets from disparate sources, this is the team for you. Our data science and analytics team automates everything Carvana does from modeling consumer behavior to understanding how to make our users’ lives better.
Carvana is expanding its portfolio of operational products and to ensure we’re innovating with precision, we’re building a team of Operational Product Analysts that will focus on Carvana’s Logistics network, Market Operations and Wholesale department.
If you’re excited about having a seat at the table and leading the data-driven discussion, then this is the position for you. We’re looking for someone that can dive deep to understand domain driven technology then translate complex user behavior into actionable insights. The ideal candidate is a technical geek and visualization wizard that takes pride in making teams more effective.
What you’ll be doing
- Translate data into consumable, actionable narratives; regularly update the company, including senior leadership, with results and strategic recommendations.
- Utilize data living in SQL tables and APIs to create visualizations in Tableau (or other platforms).
- Work closely with product and engineering to assess performance, develop analytical requirements and bring real-time insights into products being developed to ensure Carvana delivers vehicles on time.
- Explore and segment behavioral data to identify and explain key drivers; design and build models, dashboards, and visualizations to support the Logistics, Market Operations and Wholesale organizations.
- Take ownership of the models and products that enable success for our teams, enabling and empowering the constantly evolving customer experience that makes us leaders in our field.
- Lead by example for the rest of the team in the above areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- Quantitative undergraduate degree (such as math, finance, computer science, engineering, etc.) with a strong academic record
- At least 4 years of professional experience in data analytics.
- Technical proficiency. Ability to write clean SQL queries, utilize Python or R capable of accessing and visualizing data provided by APIs, and employ visualization tools (e.g. Tableau). Experience with event-based consumption of data. Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools. Familiarity with data pipelines, common mobile and web technologies, and general software development practices.
- Analytical thinking. Capable of the full scope of data-driven decision-making: diving deep to understand the nuances of individual data points, defining illuminating summary statistics and visualizations, crafting simple yet accurate narratives, and employing all of the foregoing to improve our product and business.
- Intuitive problem-solving. Understand and think through causal relationships and ripple effects. Confidence in tackling emerging and complex problems
- Excellence in communication. Ability to collaborate and speak the language of our Operational, Product, Engineering, and Executive teams.
- Product sensibility. A student of products with sharp intuition about customers and user experience.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.