Our Project Management Organization (PMO) is growing and we are looking for a collaborative, tenacious, experienced Scrum Master (SM). As a successful SM at Levvel, you will take an open, people first approach to leadership. You must be highly motivated in your work and be driven by a strong desire to serve and help others. Our SM’s are proactive in suggesting improvements, highlighting scrum anti-patterns, and identifying gaps. As an SM at Levvel you operate as a natural storyteller, understanding the context of decision making and explaining it to others. You are not afraid to give candid and constructive feedback with empathy, and know when to switch into “coaching mode”, acting to guide either the team or the Product Owner when they have a gap in knowledge. As a successful SM at Levvel you have the discipline to weather difficult deadlines and shifts in team morale, as well as track down impediments until they are resolved. You know how to build trust in your team and know how to transparently raise blockers, risks, and dependencies both inside and outside your team.
As a SM you will work closely with team leads, tech leads, and BAs to help add context to work items and dependencies and/or risks. You will work with program managers to communicate escalations and collaborate on client facing reports and presentations. In addition, you will work with other SMs across teams and client stakeholders. A successful SM at Levvel, has a strong sense of awareness of what others are doing, has a genuine interest in developing people, and constantly works through obstacles to persevere with influence, honesty, and integrity.
Within the first 3 months as a SM you will be delivering your full sprint commitment regularly. You will have developed a plan to help the Scrum Team on their way to becoming a high performing team, as well as driving the team to have an organized backlog with 2-3 sprints’ worth of groomed/refined stories at the top. In addition, you will have an increased understanding of the product your Scrum Team(s) are creating, with the ability to speak about it confidently with client stakeholders.
Within the first year as a Levvel SM you will have a Scrum Team that is a high performing team, with strong team morale that is infectious throughout the portfolio. You will work to develop your team such that you are able to regularly develop high quality increments that are ready to release at the end of every sprint.
Here at Levvel, we truly empower people to define their own career path and support you in your development. You are never pigeon-holed into a role at Levvel. We want you to be the best consultant possible, so will stretch you to build on existing skills, learn new ones, and share those across the organization.
- Maximize team’s ability to deliver value by assessing risk and removing internal and external blockers
- Manage and iterate on client-facing report deck
- Ensure daily Scrum meeting occurs and formulate daily action items as a result of any impediments raised by the team
- Co-facilitate team-level grooming and sprint planning (focus on timeboxing, reporting dependencies, etc.)
- Monitor team Jira board and communicate with the Scrum team to ensure steady work throughput
- Identify any team-level risks and issues that impact workstream’s timeline, budget, and/or scope and own the escalation of these risks or issues to the program manager via the RAID Log
- Manage team calendar by coordinating all team ceremonies and inter-team dependency meetings
- Ensure dependencies (both up and downstream) are linked within Jira and resolved before a team commits to work
Qualifications & Skills
- Firm grasp of Agile values and principles
- Firm grasp of Scrum methodology
- Understanding of Jira or similar work-tracking tool
- Superior communication skills both written and oral
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Some knowledge and/or experience with Kanban methodology
- Scaled Agile experience (particularly LeSS)
Job tags: Coaching Kanban Scrum