The Product Design team at Addepar is looking for a well-rounded designer who is interested in tackling complex product and system design challenges to join our team in building intuitive, best-in-class user experiences.
As a Product Designer focusing on our portfolio data platform and administration tools, you will be owning the end-to-end experience around the setup and maintenance of the Addepar system. The primary users you’ll be designing for are the go-to “Addepar experts” at their firm and have a keen eye for efficiency, accuracy, security, and compliance.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, content strategists, and other cross-functional stakeholders through all stages of the design process and product development lifecycle to build out thoughtful and scalable solutions.
- Conduct research to gain deep understanding of the problem space and empathy in user needs through both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Identify opportunities to simplify complexity and create self-service workflows.
- Lead all design aspects of a project from start to finish with well articulated design rationale and high quality deliverables that communicate design directions and details effectively.
- Be an advocate for the users; influence high-level product decisions, prioritization, strategies, and roadmaps with user-centered mindset.
- Be an engaging member of a cross-functional agile product team, focus on achieving business outcomes, and push for continuous process improvements to consistently deliver value to our clients.
- Contribute to the evolution and adoption of the Addepar Product Language design system.
- Seek out and embrace feedback from your peers and stakeholders while providing thoughtful feedback to your team.
Requirements & Skills
- 3+ years of experience working in the field of Product Design, Interaction Design, and/or UX Design.
- A portfolio showcasing solid user research practices and user-centered designs that are usable, useful, and delightful.
- Solid understanding of user interface design patterns and best practices for enterprise web applications.
- Solid understanding of visual design fundamentals such as typography and color theory.
- Ability to understand deep, technical problems and distill complex user workflows and business requirements into simple and elegant design solutions.
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for consistency.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
- A self-starter and a team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience working with Figma, our preferred design tool.
- Experience in the finance industry is not required but a huge plus.
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics, and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. The company’s platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and in 2018 received Morgan Stanley’s Fintech Award for making a significant impact on the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City.
Addepar is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building together and to do that best, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.