Staff Product Designer (Remote Option)
Clio is changing the way lawyers manage their practice and we’re seeking a Staff Product Designer to join our growing team. This is a remote position. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exemptions may apply.
Design plays an integral role at Clio, making up one of the three pillars of our Product Organization alongside Product Management and Engineering.
As a Staff Product Designer, you have a strong track record of delivering work that has high impact and directly supports the alignment of our business goals and user needs. You are comfortable with undefined problem spaces and can help facilitate great decision making through your problem framing skills and ability to influence. You eagerly use new research methodologies to understand users and problem spaces, dig deep to uncover and synthesize insights, and build narratives to frame complex problems.
You enjoy solving big problems with elegant, intuitive solutions and have a demonstrable track record of conceiving and delivering extraordinary experiences, developing new projects, and working on high-value, strategic initiatives under tight time constraints.
You play well with others. You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You bring a unique point of view to the table, and bring out the best in your teammates. You solicit feedback on your own work and add value to others' work.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Research to drive design strategy, product decisions, and roadmap priorities based on user research and business needs
- Own end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from vision, ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to final production
- Collaborate with other product designers working on other projects to drive alignment and consistency across the entire user experience
- Challenge previously-established thinking patterns, and discover new ways of problem solving all while being a clear and effective communicator
- Provide mentorship and design feedback to other design team members
You Must Have:
- 7+ years of Product Design experience
- Proven track record of successfully leading design function across a product area
- Mastery of your craft including strong visual & interaction design skills, prototyping, and UX best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Low ego and be open-minded
Nice To Have:
- Experience building SaaS products
- Experience building for SMB or Consumers
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career, but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers