Arlington, VA // New York, NY
Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Growth Marketer!
Why it Matters: Our newest Growth Marketer will be responsible for managing, optimizing, and driving the growth of Axios’ media business through digital and social marketing efforts. They will be a key member of the growth team as the business continues to scale and build an iconic news and technology brand.
Go Deeper: In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Run growth marketing campaigns from launch to recap: design experiments, develop campaign strategy, execute the campaign, and derive insights to inform go-forward strategy based on a solid ROI/performance-driven analytical framework.
- Test new channels and strategies to acquire new customers and increase engagement.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Axios customer segments for each media property.
- Enhance data driven and automated communication with a strategy focused on segmentation.
- Explore and identify automated marketing tactics that advance customers along their lifecycle and promote engagement and retention.
- Develop and implement optimizations across the entire lifecycle focused on driving activation, frequency, and cross-selling of content within the Axios ecosystem, including the website, app, newsletters, and podcasts.
- Collaborate with other teams across the organization on cross-platform marketing.
- Work closely with the product and technology teams to plan and measure growth initiatives on owned and operated platforms.
- Partner closely with data team to ensure insights are being utilized across all customer journeys.
- Drive enhancements of communication capabilities around messaging and targeting/personalization strategies.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Progressive acquisition marketing (paid social and organic growth) experience leveraging data analytics at well-known direct to consumer startups.
- Strong track record of developing innovative and minimal cost acquisition campaigns in a fast-moving environment.
- Analytically-minded decision-maker, with the ability to capture and share key data and insights and use data to drive key marketing strategies and decisions.
- Deep industry knowledge of cutting edge demand generation methods, including crafting a funnel, nurture strategies, digital, online, and live events.
- Experience with segmentation & targeting (CRM), acquisition & retention (LTV), pricing & revenue (RPU) and conversion reporting & analytics (KPI).
- Enthusiasm for joining a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and collaboration with teammates at all levels.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per month
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Weekly company-sponsored exercise and meditation classes
- Virtual company-sponsored social events