Senior Product Designer
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Your manager works remotely, and you’ll also be able to work remotely from anywhere in the US.
What you'll get to do...
You’ll work closely with teammates on the product and engineering teams to evaluate and improve our user experience via thoughtful design. Our customers are business owners or eCommerce store administrators, so it’s important to design experiences that get out of their way, make managing their store fun and approachable, and help them understand best practices. You’ll be responsible for identifying areas of improvement and contributing to customer research, prototyping solutions to these problems, then working on a development-ready visual design.
While the majority of your time will be spent working on wireframes and visual design, you’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to customer development and research, pitching new features or improvements, and continuing to build the design standards for our growing team.
- Contributing to customer research and development to understand problem areas (including conducting usability testing, customer interviews, reviewing Hotjar — or similar — recordings).
- Making significant contributions to ideation and storyboarding to start design sprints.
- Providing feedback on designs and pitches from other team members.
- Creating wireframes or low-fidelity prototypes for new features in Figma
- Testing prototypes or designs to validate design concepts
- Creating production-ready visual designs to hand to our engineering team
- Working with the development team to add or update UX components
- Updating our team documentation as our design standards evolve
- Working to expand team design patterns and brand standards, then championing their adoption.
- Engaging with the broader corporate design community to lead or mentor others.
Your experience should include...
- Highly refined design skills and sensibilities
- Experience working in Figma, including libraries, prototypes, components, and auto-layout
- Competent with HTML / CSS (bonus: uses SCSS)
- Ability to lead design discussions and brainstorming that encourage peer and stakeholder contributions
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions, team design patterns, brand goals, and research methods to the broader design team and stakeholders
- High degree of independence and autonomy, requiring little day-to-day instruction
- Comfort in delivering presentations, documentation, or driving design meetings with no supervision
- Ability to communicate fluently on topics related to business or customer experience
You might also have...
- Ability to produce production-ready visual design (using existing components or contributing new patterns)
- Experience working with eCommerce merchants
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.