Sr. Product Marketing Manager
We are seeking a dynamic, driven product marketer to help build and implement the strategy behind our portfolio of new and existing products and services at SimpliSafe. This role will report to the Director of Product Marketing, with responsibility for product positioning, messaging, sales enablement, planning, research, and thought leadership.
The ideal candidate will combine a metrics-driven performance mindset with customer-centricity and great collaboration skills. You will need to be able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and communicate clearly and persuasively. This person is able to drive focus and excellence within the programs they own, with their colleagues in marketing and product management, and with colleagues across the organization, including Strategy, Brand Marketing, Retail, Sales, and Business Intelligence.
What you'll do:
- Product Launch: Work with Product Management to convey desired features and requirements. Develop forecasts and scenarios for new products.
- Product Economics: Incorporate product and subscription economics, cannibalization, pricing and promotions in developing plans.
- Product positioning: Develop differentiated positioning and messaging based upon customer and competitor understanding.
- Execution: Ensure operationally efficient and zero error launches by defining a launch playbook and partnering across the organization to deliver.
- Voice of the customer: Be an expert on our customers, uncovering insights that guide the marketing roadmap including key features and benefits that lead to breakthrough messaging, accelerated service adoption & differentiated GTM tactics.
- Manage product success: Evaluate performance through unit sales as well as customer satisfaction. Identify and prioritize quality initiatives to improve product satisfaction and merchandising initiatives to improve sales.
- Provide input to brand and product architecture related decisions. Develop comprehensive customer facing launch plans and work with internal partners to execute.
What you'll need:
- BA/BS Degree in related field
- Track record in growing existing products as well as launching new products leveraging core customer insights and innovative marketing approaches
- 5+ years of progressive product marketing experience, including demonstrated success positioning & promoting new product, hardware & service offerings
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely customer-focused approach, with a passion for uncovering insights and translating them into actionable product & marketing plans
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment, adeptness at leveraging data to inform recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and hands-on
- Experience with consumer electronics and big box retailers a plus
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, “You shouldn’t have to ask for permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.”
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and we’re growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!