Head of Product
NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents and are ideally based out of Austin, TX
Head of Product
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Head of Product, come in.
About This Role
This job is all about figuring out the strategy and execution of AppSumo’s product to deliver business-critical innovations to our users. This role is being cross-functional by definition: you’ll partner closely with our design, engineering, marketing, and sales departments to help our lean, fast-moving team bring the best to our Sumo-lings. If you’re looking for a seat at the table that focuses on high-level strategy, you’re the kind of person we want to talk to!
On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- The gatekeeper of product, owning the product roadmap and driving the decisions that lead the product to our company’s strategic goals
- The voice of our audience, creating features that engage and expand our user base
- Building and delivering experiences for millions of users through our product
- Establishing frameworks and data-driven processes to promote the product vision
- Coaching and developing a team of product managers and UX designers
This is a unique role that requires the ability to understand the vision of a product and translate it into action. Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 8+ years in product management in a SaaS or ecommerce company
- Experience growing a team and scaling a product
- A technical background that includes the ability to liaison with engineers
- A deep understanding of data-driven product development
- Performed hundreds or thousands of A/B test experiments
- Knowledge of Github, Jira, Confluence, and design tools such as Figma and Whimsical
- The ability to communicate clearly and a desire to impact decisions across the company
- Residency in Austin: though the role primarily remote, it is strongly preferred to based out of Austin, TX
In the first three months of this role, success means leading and maturing our work intake process, defining our product roadmap, and delivering compelling features to users.
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s the kind of teammate we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — save your blazer for your cousin’s wedding
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the end of 2020, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)