Project Manager, Design
San Francisco, CA
Posted 1 month ago
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Marketing builds awareness, drives acquisition, and expands usage by developing innovative, breakthrough campaigns that are delivered through multiple channels, including our website, blog, emails, social media, events, and advertising. The Brand Design team plays a central role by partnering closely with the Product Marketing & Demand Generation campaigns teams to 1) help take new and existing products to market, and 2) develop creative strategies that help fuel growth campaigns.
As a Project Manager on the Design Team, you will work closely with the other design leads to help ensure that deadlines are met and projects are completed in time. Please note, this is a Temporary position. More details provided.
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal — to help build a better Internet. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology and engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the Internet. So just what does that look like?
- Anytime we push code, it automatically affects over 20 million Internet properties.
- Every day, thousands of new customers sign up for Cloudflare service.
- Every day, we see more than 1 billion unique IP addresses.
- We serve data from over 190 cities in over 90 countries around the world.
About the Team:
Design Operations at Cloudflare is equal parts conductor, quarterback, diplomat, oracle, and best friend. We apply our interest in design to our operating model, prototyping and iterating on ways our team experiences and manages work. They bolster cohesion within the Design org and trust with our outside business partners. We are looking to add a Design Project Manager to partner with our Design Ops and Creative teams in establishing and evolving great ways of working at scale. This role is a contract position, based in San Francisco, and reports to our Creative Operations Manager.
In A Typical Week You Will:
- Partner with Creative Operations and Design Leads to support our operational model by assisting with several horizontal programs, including:
- Sprint management
- Project tracking
- Asset handoffs
- Design roadmap visibility and hygiene
- Utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills to help keep our teams on track, and support specific initiatives intended to improve team culture and industry expertise
- Support internal and cross-functional forums, such as project standups, needed to drive alignment and elevate the quality of design work.
- Help execute, and maintain adherence to, our internal design system and enablement tools
- Help keep good hygiene within our Digital Asset Management tool
- Be involved in the tactical day-to-day management of our design tools and workflows
- Manage inflight project coordination on marketing initiatives. Facilitate meetings and document feedback
What Were Looking For:
- 2-4 years experience as a Design Producer, Design Project Manager or in Design Operations at an in-house UX/Product Design team.
- Experience independently creating sense and order in a fast-paced world of ambiguity.
- Great critical thinking, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Passion for connecting the dots and discovering efficiencies.
- Clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Above average time/energy management, and prioritization skills.
- Literacy with design, prototyping, project management, and asset management tools. E.g., Adobe CC, Figma, Sketch, Brand Folder, Principle, etc
- Experience working with design systems and process
- Experience working within an Agile oriented environment
- Experience using Jira, Asana, and other resource management tools