Manager, Sales Pipeline Insights and Analytics
Posted 1 month ago
Elastic is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Grab, Goldman Sachs, ING, Microsoft, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
To support our continued growth, we’re looking for a Manager to join our Sales Insights and Analytics team focusing on Sales Pipeline Analytics. In this highly collaborative role you will build a strong partnership with the Sales Development leadership team, Marketing Demand Generation team, Sales Strategy, Finance, and all levels of Senior Sales Leadership. We will look to you to analyze and deeply understand all pipeline metrics across the entire sales funnel and help drive a cohesive, cross-functional, and global strategy to meet our financial objectives. Success will rest heavily upon your analytical skills, attention to detail, efficiency, enthusiasm, and leadership.
You thrive in navigating ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take both a regional and global view, data informs your actions and you have a passion for optimizing process and evolving structure. You balance critical, long-term thinking about how we scale the business with hands-on delivery to ensure what needs to happen today gets done. You love rolling up your sleeves and digging into the data to provide actionable insights and put forward prescriptive action plans that help us run the business in a proactive manner. You influence the organization by garnering alignment and support to adopt best practices and implementing actions to address any areas of concern. We are seeking someone with strong analytical and process skills, comfortable engaging with senior leadership, effective at collaborating with multiple teams, and building strong relationships with your business partners.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for providing strategic, operational, and tactical support to our WW Sales Development Leaders, Sales Strategy, Marketing, and Sales VPs across all aspects of pipeline generation and management.
- Own all pipeline-related metrics (e.g. bookings, transactional velocity, ASP, conversion/win/dead rates, etc.). You track company performance across the targets you set in conjunction with your key business partners.
- You develop early warning systems and indicators that give leadership enough lead time to implement actions to address potential risk areas 2 to 3 quarters out in the future. This early warning system should encompass all stages of the sales funnel.
- Drive and support semi-annual GTM planning, which includes setting targets across the funnel (including pipeline) and transitioning the model to forecast future top of funnel growth, pipeline, and coverage ratios.
- Partner with Marketing to understand the top of funnel lead flow and subsequently develop growth plans for new geographies and market segments
- Drive various strategic initiatives including regional pipeline scorecards.
- Help lead, prepare and organize regional quarterly business reviews. This includes building templates, crafting the agenda, scheduling attendees, and capturing all metrics / performing all analyses needed for attendees to present their assessment of their business.
- Work with the sales strategy team to develop and maintain forecast models at varying levels of granularity (Area, sub-region, segment, rep)
What you bring along:
- BS/BA required, MBA a strong plus, but not required.
- 7+ years work experience in Sales, Sales Operations, Strategy, FP&A, Management Consulting, or similar field with strong exposure to pipeline analytics and strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft recommendations and results into easily digestible messages, communications, and executive presentations.
- Very strong executive presence and engagement skills.
- Highly collaborative style with strong influence skills and the ability to adjust on the fly to new demands with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Experience with the Salesforce.com platform and related cloud or web-based technologies.
- Power-user proficiency with the MS Office suite (especially MS Excel and MS Powerpoint). SQL or R experience desired.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.