UX Research Manager - CNN Digital
Posted 1 month ago
The WarnerMedia Story WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others. Our Story We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us! See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. The Job The User Experience Research Manager - CNN Digital will drive the growth of user research capabilities across CNN's growing portfolio of products and platforms. The UX manager will be responsible for establishing core processes and frameworks to enable CNN to create a Center of Excellence in UX Research. This will include creating new communication processes as well as onboarding a top-tier set of tools for our researchers and designers. The UX manager will also have hands-on research projects of their own to tackle that will push the envelope of team capabilities. The Daily
- The UX Research Manager leads end to end research initiatives that yield actionable insights.
- You will inform and participate in product decisions from definition to launch (and after), working at both a strategic and tactical level.
- You enjoy evangelizing the value of UX research and creating ROI models that prove its value.
- Bring insights about users by a variety of methods whether it be surveys, interviews, data analysis, usability studies, diary studies, ethnographic observation, or a new method.
- You should love connecting 1:1 with consumers, whether that's conducting user interviews in person or remotely, or moderating focus group and feedback sessions.
- You will partner with cross-functional teams - product management, design, engineering, content strategy, data science - to create, prioritize, plan, and execute research studies.
- You are able to distill the story in all the noise and identify what really matters, whether it's from interviewing users to analyzing diverse data sets.
- You will act as an internal, active, and influential strategy consultant, ensuring that consumer insights and research are the foundations of our strategy and execution.
- You are pragmatic and comfortable with uncertainty.
- May coach, develop and manage a research analyst direct report.
- 6+ years of experience in product, design or user experience (UX) research (portfolio may be required)
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative usability research methods
- Experience with survey methodology, design, and response effects
- Advanced degree in human-computer interaction, information science, media studies, computer science, psychology, or the social sciences preferred but not required
- Strong leader with a track record of successful collaborations and influence with colleagues
- Experience driving process and operational improvements in UX research
- This position is based in our Atlanta office with frequent travel and collaboration with distributed teams in NYC and DC.