Senior Product Manager, Community Growth
Posted 1 month ago
The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is seeking a Product Manager to lead our Community Growth team.
Reddit is the world’s largest network of communities. It’s a place where millions of people go to find a sense of belonging. Redditors directly create, manage, and grow all of the content & communities that make up the Reddit experience. Reddit already inspires hundreds of millions of people across the globe each month, and the Community Growth team is seeking a product leader who can inspire even more of those users to connect with one another and build more valuable communities. From r/askreddit to r/politics, or r/memes to r/parenting; these passionate communities and their members are what make Reddit tick. Communities are the heart and soul of the service.
The PM for Community Growth will be responsible for driving users to create, activate, grow & retain a wide diverse collection of communities on Reddit. This leader will help the team to balance investments in product changes that explore new community concepts & formats, help users more easily find their “digital tribe”, enable users to easily orient themselves & build bonds with others in a given community, and ultimately build the habit of communal engagement into users daily lives.
This particular role requires a highly empathetic and collaborative product leader with strong consumer product instincts, excellent communication skills, and a proven track record of shipping great products. Ideally, you’ve had experience working on other platforms that help connect users with others in some sustained capacity. You’ll work closely with engineering, design, and data science to create the best communal experiences across the internet. This role is going to help shape the future of Reddit.
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap of features & tools that community creators and members will use to facilitate community on Reddit daily
- Collaborate with engineering & design to launch new communal experiences that delight users and help them connect with others around topical interests & events
- Work with our data science and user research teams to craft insights into the behaviors and needs of community creators & members on Reddit, and translate those insights into hypotheses, tests and features that ultimately lead to a constantly evolving & improved product experience
- Seek to understand the competitive environment and maintain global awareness of unique user experiences specifically in regards to social groups & communities
- Work with various cross functional teams (Community Operations, Marketing, etc) to drive adoption and usage of the features you ship
- Total dedication to keeping community & a “sense of belonging” at the center of your product and design decisions so as to improve the overall experience on Reddit
- You have proven experience building product roadmaps, defining experiments and working collaboratively with design and engineering counterparts
- You have shipped products that have delivered meaningful business results
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, including a willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the minutia
- You know how to define team goals and success metrics, and ensure that we are tracking towards improvements that align with Reddit's wider business objectives
- You are a compelling influencer with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal
- You have at least 4+ years of product management experience
- You are located in San Francisco with remote accommodations available
- Engineering or Data Scientist background
- Design background w/ solid quantitative skills (SQL)