Senior/Principal Product Manager, Kibana data visualizations, Lens
Distributed AMER | Distributed EMEA
Posted 1 month ago
We're looking to add a new node to the Elastic Product cluster as part of the Product Management team. At Elastic, we’re committed to providing the best user experience to our customers and open source community. One of the most important and visible portions of the Elastic Stack is our user interface, Kibana. Kibana empowers millions of users to answer hard questions, with large data sets, at scale. To be successful in this role you will need to be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and have experience and passion for building new experiences that will help users visualize their data.
If you are passionate about solving real-world problems, data visualizations, and building simple solutions for sophisticated problems we would love to talk to you!What You Will Be Doing:
- You will work together with the Kibana product management team, engineering, customers, and other internal partners to help users visualize and analyze data using Kibana Lens; our flagship data visualization tool.
- You will lead our product direction related to data visualizations, Elastic charts, visualization engine, and rendering.
- You will gather market and trend data, customer and open source community feedback, usage data, and other key information to develop product insights and help drive the product roadmap at scale.
- Build out net new features to help our users visualize their data using Kibana Lens
- Craft design concepts and wireframes that will use Elasticsearch speed, scale, and relevance to provide ways to query data using visual interaction
- Partner closely with our engineering and design teams to introduce new features.
- Provide market insight into a variety of products and markets for both sales enablement and engineering awareness
- Work with support, product marketing, and sales to ensure Kibana Lens is supported, promoted, and utilized by the community
- Prior experience and expertise in data visualization and familiarity with data visualizations tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik
- You are able to help connect engineering teams to customers and can articulate the why both internally and externally.
- Ability to distill sophisticated concepts into a clear wireframe with an emphasis on user experience
- Experience working cross-functionally across all departments and levels of the organization
- Product Management experience, preferably in data products and data visualizations
- You have a broad knowledge of modern applications, querying and retrieving services, design concepts, as well as big data analysis trends and techniques.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex product requirements and prioritize feature enhancement requests
- The ability to sift through substantial amounts of data and make bias-free data-backed decisions
- You are able to think end-to-end on all aspects of a use case and clearly define the customer benefit to ensure both tight coordination across all users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You're a capable and empathetic leader with strong communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- You are curious about how and why our community and customers utilize and extend the capabilities of the Elastic Stack, specifically Kibana
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Double your charitable giving - we match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com. Elastic’s data protection officer is Felix Wittern, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which your skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.