Sr. Product Marketing Manager - San Jose, San Francisco or Vancouver
San Jose, California, United States
Posted 1 month ago
Ready for a unique opportunity to make a substantial impact with a disruptive tech company? Tigera is funded by top tier VCs, has an amazing product, and a brilliant team. If you have the drive and like to succeed in a collaborative environment, we want to talk to you.
As a Product Marketing Manager for Tigera, you will help drive the planning and tactics of our DevSecOps Product Marketing strategy. In this role, reinforce the technical value proposition of Calico Enterprise for Kubernetes Services, networking, Network security, and Observability, build supporting product collateral, explainer content, technical blogs, demos, and work with the product team to build a product-led growth path. The role involves ownership and project management of product marketing initiatives and close collaboration with others in product marketing, developer relations, sales, sales engineering, product management, and engineering.
The position is based out of our San Francisco, San Jose, or Vancouver offices, and is an excellent opportunity at a hot cyber-security startup. Strong experience in technical product marketing or sales engineering within enterprise software is critical.
- Product positioning: You will connect Kubernetes trends with Calico Enterprise to build technical product positioning and messages for critical use cases in Kubernetes networking, Network security, and Observability.
- Product evangelism: You will evangelize and demonstrate the value of Calico Enterprise to prospects, analysts, prospects, and customers—through blogs, whitepapers, “how-to” content, webinars, events, and tradeshows.
- Product launches: You will participate in product launches to build technical product content (demos and videos), and where necessary, develop messaging, pitch Tigera’s technology to analysts and press, develop product collateral and sales tools, and support the launch plan.
- Product Led Growth: You will design and deliver technical content to support the online buyer journey through product messaging, 3rd party validation, explainer videos, demos, and tutorials.
- Competitive analysis: You will stay on top of a very dynamic and fast changing cloud native Kubernetes landscape. You will understand competitor’s offerings, educate the rest of the organization and tune our positioning, messaging and sales tools.
- Sales tools: You will build technical product presentations, whitepapers, product guides, product videos, technical briefs, and other tools to enable sales teams to sell the Tigera story effectively.
- Partnerships: You will support partnership-related TPMM activities.
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of experience in technical product marketing, product management, or solutions engineering in enterprise software.
- 2+ years of DevOps/Security/Networking industry and/or practitioner (SRE, developer, software engineering, platform engineering, CloudSecOps) experience—preferably with hands-on experience using IT technologies
- Experience with Rancher, VMWare Tanzu, Redhat OpenShift, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure (certification is preferred)
- Strong preference for applicants with experience handling and supporting cloud infrastructure, containers/Kubernetes, serverless functions, microservices, and security.
- A passion for developing persuasive content and a knack for using new software tools—from video screen-capture and editing to collaboration software and more.
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software company.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred
Tigera is an early-stage startup, well funded by top-tier VCs. We offer a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision and dental benefits. We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.