Lead Product Designer
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Your manager is in Scottsdale, AZ, but you’ll be working from any of our GoDaddy offices.
What you'll get to do...
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be leading design efforts of GoDaddy’s Dashboard team. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of information architecture, design systems, a strong visual design style, and user flows. We are seeking someone that can think through complicated design systems and challenge existing constraints. This person should also have experience executing design projects from conception to production, delivering high-quality pieces on tight deadlines, as well as defining and implementing success metrics.
- Serve as a design lead for GoDaddy’s logged in dashboard and returning user experiences
- Craft Engaging Experiences -Support the customers’ needs and our business objectives by solving problems in unusual and innovative ways.
- Communicate and Collaborate -You understand technical limitations, where to take liberties and how to communicate with engineers, product managers, designers, researchers and writers across different teams and offices.
- Design for ScaleCreate experiences across multiple touch points, mediums, products, regions and customers without sacrificing consistency and simplicity.
- Prototype, Test, Iterate -Be comfortable concepting, working in low fidelity and high fidelity as well as testing, learning and iterating on designs.
- Define & Document -Create artifacts that articulate our users needs, product principles and design details necessary to bring something to life with our engineers
- Mentor, Lead, Inspire -Your team, other designers, and the larger GoDaddy design community
- Contribute and Invest -In our growing design community as well as customer research and discovery activities
- Actively lead multiple projects, from start to finish, to meet priorities and requirements in an agile environment
Your experience should include...
- A rock-solid portfolio that demonstrates skills in user experience and interaction design
- A deep understanding of what makes an experience good or bad and can communicate why
- Strong visual design and prototyping skills
- Self starter who wants to make GoDaddy’s applications visually appealing and easy to use
- Strong understanding of the web, web apps, responsive design and native mobile applications
- Deep understanding of design tools like: Sketch, Figma, Framer, InVision
- Expert communicator - able to encourage and sell a vision
- Experience with micro-interactions and animations
- Experience with UX writing, micro-copy and why content is important
- Experience with user research and usability testing methods
- Experience collaborating with multi-functional teams including product, engineering, marketing and end user groups
- A passion for small businesses
- At least 6 years' related industry experience
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.