Staff Product Designer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Staff Designers play a vital role at Slack. They are leaders within their teams, helping to define product direction and setting - and holding - the bar for design excellence. They carry features from vision through to execution and launch, all the while prototyping and honing the design to ensure it works for Slack’s diverse user base. They also define Slack’s design culture by sharing their experience and skills with the team and by mentoring those around them. And lastly they are seen as leaders in their own right - helping to set the tone for work at Slack by being humble, smart, and highly collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you will be doing
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and ensure superlative design quality.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity UI for your features.
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience. You will often sit side by side with engineering to create prototypes and iterate on a daily, if not hourly, basis.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to inform and improve design processes.
- Interview new Product Designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process.
- Lead by example - do great work and help people on the team learn how you do it.
What you should have
- At least 5 years’ experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.