Product Owner, Supply Chain Planning
Posted 1 month ago
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Product Owner, Supply Chain Planning
Job location: Ottawa,Canada
About the Team
The Product Management team is responsible for setting the long-term strategic product direction for Kinaxis, as well as executing on near-term objectives. We play a central role at Kinaxis, with daily interactions with our customers & prospects, as well as frequent interactions with all teams across the organization, including Sales, Marketing, Business Consulting, Professional Services, Support, and Research & Development. We are a team of problem solvers and technology enthusiasts that play the role of a strong customer advocate in our organization, inspiring the product team to move mountains to solve our customer’s most challenging problems!
What you will do
Kinaxis counts on years of algorithm development as well as new breakthroughs across all types of computational algorithms to keep ahead of the competition. If you like the complexity of driving the computations for balancing and optimizing a global supply chain, demand to supply, manufacturing to distribution planning, then this position is for you. You will be working with customers across our 6 industry verticals to design and build solutions that augment their planning intelligence. These solutions not only need to provide accurate & prescriptive advice, but need to be understandable, usable, and widely adopted by our planning community. The Product Owner, (Supply Chain Planning) is a position requiring the development of deep expertise in a very specialized area of our product.
- Propose initiatives or transform the initiative requirements provided by Product Management into more detailed story requirements
- Work closely with scrum teams to refine and review the stories during sprints
- Ensure that the scrum team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Provide direction to the Agile scrum team and stakeholders throughout the sprints
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Sometimes called in as expert technical resource for customer consultations and initial customer deployments
- Provide input and influence to product & market strategy.
- Support creation of business case material and may be responsible for training and internal product evangelization.
What we are looking for
- Supply Chain domain expertise
- Background in Business Analysis, Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
- Knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Experience with RR authoring/ algorithms an asset
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner is an asset
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org