Product Design Manager, Act
San Francisco, CA
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and a leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet. Pinterest is looking for a Design Manager to lead our Act teams. You will be responsible for leading a team of Product Designers to provide our users with world class tools to take action in their inspiration journey. The work will span across core actions, boards, profile, social features, and account and identity. Your team will help reimagine the core actions Pinners can take on the ideas they find on Pinterest, help them engage with other Pinners and Creators to make decisions and inspire each other, and ensure that all users can access Pinterest to find the inspiration they need to create a life they love. What you’ll do:
- Lead a team to design and build products that help our Pinners create a life they love
- Partner closely with your Product and Engineering counterparts to define the Act product strategy, team process and culture.
- Work closely with the product, engineering, research, writing and product marketing teams to design impactful solutions
- Uphold and inspire a high level of design execution throughout the team
- Grow your team and the people on your team through coaching, mentorship, and building a strong design community
- Collaborate closely with product design leadership and designers across the company.
- Proven track record envisioning and building high-quality holistic products in strong partnership with product management and engineering.
- A portfolio that demonstrates outstanding product design skills.
- A well-versed storyteller with strong presentation skills
- Self-awareness, a growth mindset, and strong proactivity and drive.
- Ability to set the direction for the team by creating clear, challenging, connected goals.
- Ability to drive results by holding the team accountable for efficient, high-quality execution of goals.
- Ability to build the team by providing regular feedback and coaching.
Job tags: Coaching Engineering Product design Product management Research
Job region(s): North America