Senior Technical Product Manager, Transportation Platform
The Carrier Interface team sits at the nexus between Wayfair’s proprietary home delivery carrier and other systems throughout Wayfair Operations. The Carrier Interface team is core to Wayfair’s ability to make reliable delivery promises to our end customers and keep them informed about the progress of their order. The ultimate goal of the team is to provide our shippers with best in class visibility and reliability throughout the journey of a shipment in the Wayfair Delivery Network.
As the interface layer between carrier and shipper, the Carrier Interface accepts orders, adapts to upstream order changes, and serves as the source of truth for data about the units that travel through our network. As the primary interaction point between the WDN and other internal and external systems, we field both pre-order and post-order queries about speed, cost, service levels and network topology.
What You’ll Do
- Create robust infrastructure, tools and services for communicating network capabilities and sharing visibility into the progress of an order in our network
- Lead and execute multi-year roadmap to build a scalable platform within the Wayfair ecosystem, with clean domain boundaries and communication protocols
- Establish vision, strategy and product roadmap. You will own your roadmap, measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business
- Build and lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, data scientists, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to scalable, measurable gains in metrics that you will largely define
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years of product management experience in an agile development environment, ideally with exposure to a relevant product area (eCommerce or B2C; SaaS platforms; API experience)
- 3+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of business impact and team culture
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information