UX Designer - Commerce
Posted 1 month ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch's community of streamers and viewers are at the heart of everything we build. The Commerce team at Twitch ensures that streamers can sustain their communities and continue doing what they love. Our products enable viewers to give back and receive recognition and reward from the communities they enjoy. As part of this team you will have the opportunity to help develop the future of creator support on our platform.
We are looking for an energetic, curious, and creative designer that is ready to tackle hard problems. We offer a series of stimulating challenges, an environment that's exciting, motivating, fun, and new. You'll craft experiences that delight our viewers and help our creators monetize, all while deepening the relationship between them.
As a User Experience Designer at Twitch, you will produce high-quality experiences which bring joy to people all over the world. Our ideal designer exhibits a strong passion for building web and mobile experiences with a well-rounded set of core design skills from wireframes to full fidelity design comps and prototypes. Your ability to distill product needs into functional, beautiful solutions will be paramount for achieving success.
You are involved in every step of the process, from early ideation with Product Managers and User Researchers to help define the products we build, through to working with engineering to ensure the final product meets the highest quality bar. If you succeed, you will have created work that impacts millions of users and played a role in shaping how content creators monetize on the web.
- Collaborate with a cross functional development team of product managers, engineers, and designers
- Learn from streamers and viewers about the ways they use our services and their desires to accomplish more
- Think creatively about how to solve problems that will sustain streamers' communities
- Give back to the design community at Twitch by using and improving existing patterns and approaches
- Combine qualitative and quantitative information to develop hypotheses about customer motivations and use that to improve your designs
- Present your work to others by participating in design reviews and feedback sessions
- Industry experience in UX design or related creative discipline.
- Curiosity and a learning driven personality
- A strong aesthetic sense and the ability to make confident decisions
- Demonstrated empathy for the people using your software or products
- Experience working on consumer software products
- Executed research plans talking to real customers
- Knowledge of design systems
- Expertise with Figma
- Formal education in Design, Interaction/UX Design or HCI
- Knowledge of prototyping tools or proficiency in front-end code (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.