Product Manager (Billing/E-commerce)
Posted 1 month ago
FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an extraordinary online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity: Billing/Ecommerce Product Manager
FreshBooks is looking for a Product Manager to help reshape the world to meet the needs of our customers: small business owners and entrepreneurs. In this role, you will be focused on our Subscription Billing Offerings that create frictionless experiences for all our customers to subscribe and consume FreshBooks. You’ll be working with multiple teams to help identify, test, and create packages and offerings that enable each customer to extract the most value out of FreshBooks. You’ll develop such a deep understanding of their needs, and can help create experiences that are unique to their stage, vertical, and segment
If you're passionate about taking on big challenges head on, delivering simply amazing experiences for our customers, and ready to back it up with results for our business — this job is for you.
What you have:
- Proven work experience in product management (growth-stage company experience a plus) and working with agile teams and organizations.
- Technically savvy and comfortable working with a team of developers and a UX designer to understand the challenges and trade offs that come with building great products.
- Proven ability to collaborate across disciplines and agree on the best approach, always keeping our customer in mind
- You are data driven; you can understand the unit economics of our business, know which one you’re trying to impact, and how to know if you’re successful
- You're a passionate leader and an excellent communicator, with a keen eye for great UX. You are responsible for your results and can report out to partners and execs on the adoption, engagement, and key metrics of products launched in-market
- You have the ability to think “big picture” and develop a compelling vision for your product or feature
- You’re not a project manager, but you’re not afraid to act like one — be willing to roll up your sleeves to help your team get things done
- A history of bringing major features to market fast, and iterating based on customer feedback (familiarity with “lean” methodologies a plus)
- Shown ability to develop compelling go-to-market strategies across multiple channels, and measure your impact
- Experience working on projects and initiatives that span multiple departments and goals
- Empathy is your strong suit - you can spend time with external and internal customers to develop a deep understanding of the challenges of small businesses; and be able to document, analyze, and synthesize their needs into a compelling product visionStrong understanding and development of subscription pricing, packaging, and SKUs; previous experience in segment-targeted promotions an asset
- Work experience or strong understanding of billing systems
- Previous work experience working with software distribution channels such as resellers, distributors, and marketplaces
What we can promise you:
- A dedicated and talented product team that employs lean agile practices to deliver game-changing experiences.
- An incredible growth opportunity; you’ll learn a lot about what it takes to ship great software -- and you’ll learn it from the best people out there.
- The opportunity to deliver product features that instantly get used by millions of users around the world. We follow user-centered design in everything we do, and you’ll be spending your first month on our support team (as all new FreshBookers do), just talking to them.
- An opportunity to contribute to an award-winning Product Development team where data and research matter more than opinions
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer that embraces the differences in all of our employees. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all FreshBookers. All applicants are evaluated based on their experience and qualifications in relation to this position.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.