Senior Product Designer- Mobile Apps
London, England, United Kingdom
We are Zego, a global insurtech scale-up providing cover that creates possibilities.
In an ever-changing world, insurance is struggling to keep up. Through the power of emerging technologies, we are creating fairer products designed for the 21st century.
In 2019, we closed our series B funding round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our product portfolio. Also, we were listed in the Fintech 50 and placed number 7 in the Startups 100. More recently, we were accepted into the Tech Nation Future 50 2020 cohort and won medium-sized Tech Company of the Year 2020, solidifying our place as one of the UK’s most exciting and influential tech companies.
We are now looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to join the team, with a focus on the native mobile apps side.
Overview of the Design & UX Research team
User Experience and Product Design are critical to Zego’s future success, and we’re building a team where designers have the opportunity to learn, contribute and bring the user to every part of our decision making. We work hand in hand with product, engineering and business stakeholders, working in an Agile environment of cross-functional teams to ensure that we deliver high quality experiences and interfaces with every product we ship.
Purpose of the role
This role will focus on the design of Zego’s user interfaces and online experiences, in particular on our mobile apps, working alongside the Product team to ensure that we are building out the highest value features in a scalable way. The Product Designer will work closely with our UX Researchers and other Product Designers to ensure that the Zego app is delivering value to customers, and with the Product and Engineering teams on ongoing releases.
What you will be working on
- You will be working cross-functionally with a strong product engineering Agile team, whilst being part of the wider Design and Research team, playing play a key role in evolving the UX and UI of our digital platforms
- You will work with our Head of Design & UX to further develop and implement a design system, following our brand guidelines
- You will support the Product Manager in monitoring and improving our UIs based on analytics and research
- You’ll be running usability testing, discovering actionable insights and working collaboratively to understand the impact on the project
- You’ll be responsible for end-to-end design, from user flows and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and prototypes
What you will need to be successful
- You have proven experience in designing mobile apps, Android as well as iOS best practices and an understanding of what it means to be developing in a startup environment
- You’ll be data driven, able to draw insights from qualitative and quantitative research on our customers to inform your decisions in transforming complex concepts into high quality experiences and interfaces
- You are familiar with working with Design Systems and best practices in design patterns, especially for mobile experiences
- You are flexible. You care about your project but you are not married to an outcome or a process. We’re a fast growing company, things can change rapidly and it should be challenging and fun
- You understand how design decisions can impact the cross-functional team and project stakeholders and work with them to reach a unified solution, with a balance to create delightful experiences while respecting constraints and timelines
What it's like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.