Product Owner - Coaching and Engagement
Posted 1 month ago
Virtuagym is one of the leading innovators in the digital health and fitness domain, offering a SaaS solution for health professionals ranging from large gyms to personal trainers and 3 native iOS and Android apps to users worldwide. We serve nearly 15 million end-users, 30,000 trainers and more than 6,000 health clubs around the globe.
As a scale-up, we offer great freedom and autonomy to take ownership and to develop your skills and experience with us. Our talented staff of 200+ is located around two locations: Amsterdam, NL, and Medellin, CO. We love to keep the company culture dynamic, informal and fun.
As we keep on growing, we are now looking for a new colleague for our Product team. Will you join us in our quest to make the world a healthier and happier place?
What you will work on with your team:
At Virtuagym you have a direct impact on improving the experience of millions of end-users. Our Product Development team consisting of Product Owners, Developers and QA engineers, and Designers, is key to our success. In your role as Product Owner you will be part of our Coaching and Engagement squad where you will be working together with the development team and a QA engineer.
As a Product Owner you will be the linking pin between business and technology to find out how we can solve our customers’ challenges in the best possible way and to deliver value for our company and our customers. You will join a smart bunch of team players, all eager to share their knowledge and to keep on learning, to deliver beautiful and functional products, and to have fun!
Some of your key tasks will be:
- Own the product vision for our engagement and coaching solutions
- Manage your product roadmap, own the backlog, prioritize, know the “why’s”
- Interact with customers and internal stakeholders to understand challenges, determine priorities and proactively manage expectation, align them with the company objectives
- Stay up to date with new developments that involve your domain and beyond
- Establish clear requirements and alignment for future opportunities
- Create and refine user stories together with your squad
- Drive release strategies, run internal training sessions, create user documentation, facilitate troubleshooting
- Drive the product by being the domain expert and get things done
What you will bring to the team:
- You have Product experience, preferably as a product owner
- You are analytical and tech savvy, interested in technology and do not shy away from discussing technical challenges with developers
- You have good understanding of the SDLC
- You know how Agile works, preferably hands-on experience with Scrum
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and value an informal international work environment
- You are a good communicator, building relationships is key
- Finally, you have strong communication skills in English, our company language. Dutch is not required.
Bonus points for...
- Being or having been an active member in the fitness, health and/or lifestyle community
- Experience working at a software development company
- Knowing your way around Jira & Confluence
- Having a feeling for UI/UX design
Here’s why you should come work with us:
Next to being inspired daily by talented and motivated colleagues and having plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth, these are the main Virtuagym perks:
- You’ll be joining a diverse and international team made up of over 30 nationalities, working in an informal and fun environment
- We are remote-friendly
- We provide a full-time contract, 25 paid holidays per year (based on a full-time contract), 8% holiday allowance and a pension plan
- An opportunity for the dynamic career growth with a lot of support from the management team
- Stay healthy with our Health Program: we provide monthly contribution towards your gym subscription, offer free weekly crossfit & yoga classes, fresh fruit daily (when being in the office), and a Friends & Family gym discount
- We love to learn: join our knowledge exchange sessions, Lunch and Learn session for personal development, Dutch-speaking courses for the non-Dutchies, and more
Ready to join us?
Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘Apply for this Job’ button below! We will get back to your application within 5 working days.
For any questions on the vacancy, please get in touch with the recruitment team at email@example.com.
The hiring process for this role consists of a first introduction call and 2 video interviews.
Please note that we do not collaborate with third parties to fill this vacancy.