Product Manager, Document Understanding
San Francisco, CA | New York, NY
Instabase's vision hones in on intelligent automation. Just like the personal computer worked for individual persons, Instabase’s mission is to empower people to focus on the meaningful, productive parts of their jobs.
Innovators have a completely new set of building blocks which they can use to address existing processes, imagine new ones, and solve problems on a larger scale with Instabase. We provide tools and apps for processing documents, data extraction and classification, natural language processing, and optical character recognition; allowing creators, developers, and organizations to build complex business applications based on their needs. Our growing marketplace of pre-packaged business applications are being deployed in many industries, such as finance, logistics, healthcare, and many more.
We’ve secured funding from leading venture capital firms such as NEA, a16z, Greylock Partners, Index Ventures, and more. We are looking to grow into the next era of computing.
Come join our adventure!
- Comfort with ambiguity and prioritization in a scaling start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great product intuition and a willingness to dive deep into details
- Structured and analytical thinking with strong business acumen
- Understanding of technical concepts and quick ramp up on complex flows
About the Role:
Instabase is seeking a Product Manager to join our Document Understanding team. Instabase enables businesses to solve their hardest complex data problems. In order to do so, the Instabase platform relies on the Document Understanding team to provide the algorithm, language, and tools, so users can easily unlock actionable data and meaning out of all the complex documents that often flood businesses everywhere today. We are obsessed with pushing the envelope in document understanding technology, and building intuitive user experiences to make complex and innovative techniques accessible to users. This is a dynamic role that will require close collaboration with not only engineers and designers on the team, but with other engineering teams and the go-to-market team, and balancing of many competing priorities.
What you will impact:
- Overall direction of the Instabase Document Understanding team: Discover new opportunities to advance document understanding techniques with our all-star engineering team and make them accessible for our customers via language and tools, whether it’s small optimizations or large overhauls, and guide us through ideation, development, and launch.
- Prioritization of customer requests and long-term platform goals: As a startup, there’s always more work to be done. You will balance incoming customer requests and deadlines with longer-term projects.
- User experience of internal and third-party developers who want to solve difficult document understanding problems: Build an intuitive experience to help developers unlock actionable data and meaning out of complex documents.
- Feedback loop between our go-to-market team and engineering team: Establish a direct connection between our go-to-market team and engineering team to gather customer feedback and ensure launches go smoothly.
- Metrics to measure success: Define what success looks like and analyze leading metrics to ensure we set measurable goals and meet them.
- Consensus building across the company: Sitting at the center of Instabase’s platform, Document Understanding team touches teams across EPD and GTM at the company. Collaboration is key to making the team and Instabase’s platform successful.
What will help you be successful:
- 4-6 years as a product manager
- Experience leading a team of cross-functional partners towards a unified product vision, and working with them effectively to prioritize, trade off, and execute towards business outcomes and user value
- Experience working with technical users - have strong developer empathy and excited to dig into technical details
- Experience working on enterprise products (not required)
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. Instabase does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase also complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.