UX Design Lead
San Jose, California, US
Revolutionize the genomics industry!
We are launching a stealth start-up created to manage bioinformatic computations at scale. Financially backed and operationally supported by IBM, this start-up is well positioned to transform the way biotech, pharma, and research organizations discover insights and breakthroughs.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive performance-driven compensation package, autonomy to shape the direction of this initiative, and opportunity for career advancement.
You will enter a highly motivated team, coming from different disciplines and walks of life. We believe great teams bring great ideas to life. We value proactive team members with a strong sense of ownership, people who are able to imagine the world they want to live in and are ready to solve any problem to make it happen.
You'll get the exciting opportunity to join us and shape our initiative's future from the beginning.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an exceptional UX Design Lead.
Overseeing Design Research and Strategy, UI, UX, and branding for this stealth start-up, you will design the information architecture for the offering and design an intuitive and appealing user experience that addresses technical user needs. We want a UX Design Lead who is passionate about designing and building the best consumer experiences to help drive the rapid growth of this disruptive startup serving enterprise customers.
- Develop contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, needs, and aspirations to identify customer insights.
- Communicate and bring to life ideas using design, including product concepts, customer journeys, system maps, service blueprints, and infographics.
- Contribute to deep trend analysis and research of exemplars in the marketplace.
- Converge innovative ideas to a set of digital products in partnership with business analysts, product managers, and engineers.
- Iteratively design, test, and refine disruptive products and services with our users.
- Collaborate with the engineering and product team to iterate, refine, and implement designs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years digital product design experience, inclusive of 2+ years leading the design of a product.
- Skilled with standard product design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, InVision, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions and influence key stakeholders.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Several years of experience in HCI (Human Computer Interaction) research or consumer psychology.
- Proven hands-on portfolio with UI / UX implementation to a commercial product.
- Experience leading qualitative and quantitative data-driven design activities, including story-boarding, concept test, experience models, wire-frames, prototypes, and low- to high-fidelity mock-ups.
- Experience leading both quantitative and qualitative UX research methodology including, focus group, ethnographic interview and field studies, concept testing, A/B testing design, statistical analysis on survey data, usability test, in-app behavior analytics, accessibility, etc.
- Familiarity with code-centric and data-centric applications, the expectations of technical users are a plus.
- Knowledge of pharma / biotech business requirements.
- Experience with end-to-end digital product design.
- An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects.
About Business Unit
With more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents, IBM Research brings together hundreds of researchers who possess unparalleled industry expertise to address some of the world's most challenging problems. Join us as we do pioneering work in areas such as cognitive computing, augmented intelligence, quantum computing, and blockchain, to name a few.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
COVID-19 Consideration: The safety of our employees, both current and future, is IBM’s highest priority. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. Once IBM determines employees can return to the office safely, this role requires on-site attendance at our San Jose location.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: A/B testing Analytics Architecture Engineering Field studies Figma Human computer interaction InVision Product design Prototypes Research Sketch User experience UX design UX research
Job region(s): North America