Junior Product Manager - 4 month FTC
London, England, United Kingdom
FutureLearn is Europe’s fastest growing education marketplace, featuring high quality online short courses, microcredentials and degrees from over 150 of the world's leading universities and industry brands. Our purpose is to transform access to education, through making it more affordable, flexible and social. We help our 12m+ learners build skills for today and tomorrow.
We're looking for a dynamic and collaborative team player who has either started out in a product role or are looking for that opportunity to move into a product role.
You will help us scale and innovate and create a real impact at a time where the world needs new and innovative approaches to delivering relevant education to millions.
The Junior Product Manager will work in one of our cross functional teams within the Supply and Learning group. They will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team of engineers and designers. Their team will focus on working very closely with internal teams such as marketing, content & partnerships and work with them to deliver various initiatives.
The role reports to the Group Product Manager.
At FutureLearn, product managers empower teams to deliver value by:
- Understanding problems and opportunities through data, user research, competitor analysis running experiments and interactions with the business
- Planning how best to approach delivering maximum impact both within the sprint and over the longer term using the resources available
- Leading and motivating the team to efficiently ship and iterate product features and ensuring they are unblocked
- Communicating the vision for their part of the product and keeping everyone informed and aligned with direction and progress
- You have worked on a digital product with a digital team for at least 2+ years
- Your hands on experience could be from any one of these disciplines - business analyst, engineering, QA, delivery or product
- You work in a highly collaborative way with a heavy emphasis on teamwork and leading through influence
- You are curious, open to learn, adapt fast and resilient in a fast moving environment
- You are a clear communicator. You can articulate a clear and compelling vision and get people across the organisation to buy into your vision and approach
- You are able to zoom in and obsess about small details that benefit learners and course creators
- You are passionate about learning, transforming access to education and the opportunity that it creates to improve people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Westfield Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free access to Calm app
- Dedicated personal learning & development budget
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Perkbox discounts
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform formed in December 2012 by The Open University and is now jointly owned by The Open University and The SEEK Group. FutureLearn has over 10 million people signed up worldwide. FutureLearn uses design, technology and partnerships to create enjoyable, credible and flexible short online courses, microcredentials, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate degrees that improve working lives. It partners with over a quarter of the world’s top universities, as well as organisations such as Accenture, the British Council, CIPD, Raspberry Pi and Health Education England (HEE). It’s also involved in government-backed initiatives to address skills gaps such as The Institute of Coding and the National Centre for Computing Education.
Please use our online form by pressing 'Apply for this job' below, including your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd like to come work with us.
Please note this role will be a remote role whilst FutureLearn's office is closed. Once the office is open again this role will be a full time, office based role.
Please contact email@example.com if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
No recruitment agents please.
We value all the great benefits that diversity brings and encourage everyone to bring their whole self at work, regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or disability.
We encourage freelancers and people who have been made redundant as a result of COVID-19 to apply for opportunities at FutureLearn. We believe that in these difficult times, good employers have to rise to the occasion and play their part in the community. At FutureLearn, we take care of each other.