Product Manager II - Consul
United States (Remote)
HashiCorp is the multi-cloud infrastructure automation company that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role
On the Consul team, we help organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud or runtime. The customers and large community of users of our tools are operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers that encounter novel performance, scaling, and usability challenges that we help them solve. See how we think about Consul: https://www.hashicorp.com/resources/hashiconf-2019-opening-keynote
As a Product Manager on the Consul team you will drive the development of the Consul Workstream — define the roadmap, craft the narrative, and coordinate projects across the team, workstreams and functional groups.
In this role you can expect to :
- Craft the product story by understanding the ecosystem landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from the open source community, enterprise customers, engineering, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Communicate roadmap status to all stakeholders. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Conduct user research, write clear product specifications, and plan sprints
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 2+ years of product management experience with developer products
- Experience in the networking space is preferred but not required
- Strong user and market research skills
- Precise project management skills with the ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of DevOps and open source
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1