Sr. Product Designer / Director of product design & user research
Owning a car can be painful at times - you will help design a product that will make it effortless and less expensive for people to own a car. Jerry.ai is building the first financial platform for your car that helps people optimize the cost and experience of owning a car (making ownership easy & affordable). There are 240M cars in the US alone. For most people, cars are one of the most expensive assets they own and families on average spend 20% of their income on car expenses, making this a massive market.
We have started with helping people optimize the cost of car insurance and our vision is to help people in every aspect of car ownership. Since our product launch, we have been growing really fast for the past 18 months and our users love the product (rating 4.5 in the app store). Jerry.ai is founded by serial entrepreneurs who previously built and scaled YourMechanic (“Uber for car repair,” the nation’s largest on-demand car repair company). We have raised over $50M+ in financing.
About the role:
We are flexible on the title - depending on your level of experience.
- Define, plan and run your own research using appropriate methods
- Research across multiple domains – from web to mobile
- Know when and how to dive into the data yourself and when to collaborate with our team of data scientists, for robust qualitative insights backed up with quantitative analysis
- Share the results of your research with product teams and leadership in compelling, engaging ways, facilitating evidence-based product and design decisions
- Be the voice of the user in our product teams, and a strong advocate for user research
- See your ideas through to implementation and impact on the lives our members.
- At least 2 years hands-on experience working in user research inside a business or within an agency (ideally from places like IDEO).
- Comfortable researching at all stages of the design process (discovery and generative, as well as evaluative)
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods, coupled with a sharp analytical mind
- Familiar with guidelines for iOS human interface and Google Material Design
- Selection of high-level layout patterns, UI elements, and navigation patterns. Design of information architecture and hierarchy
- Create compelling screen flows, rapid prototypes, layout patterns, information architecture, wireframes
- Proven track record of delivering insights with real impact
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills