Senior Product Designer / Manager - Warehousing Technology
We’re looking for a talented Senior Product Design Manager/ Principal Product Designer to join a team dedicated to our supply chain operations and business partners: the backbone of Wayfair’s customer experience. Your demonstrated skill-set includes leading a team of cross-functional designers through the analysis of user needs, physical and digital business process analysis, information design and layout, workflows and interactions. You should have experience working directly with Stakeholders, Product Managers, and Engineers to prioritize, specify, and deliver user experiences that span complex user roles and functions. As a Wayfair Product Design leader focused on internal systems, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class professionals who are hard at work transforming the ecosystem and toolset behind Wayfair.com’s success. Our culture is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are looking for a self-directed, analytical, collaborative, persuasive, and creative individual with a passion for transforming complexity, logistics, process, and volumes of information into highly intuitive web, tv, and mobile enabled solutions.
At Wayfair, we have established our leadership position in the market through a fierce passion for helping users find the best products for their homes. Our success has created a tangible opportunity to shape the future of eCommerce, and your work will have a deep and meaningful impact.
Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares, and more.
Our Product Design/UX teams partner with Engineering, Product Management, Analytics, and business leaders across Wayfair to ensure we're building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, and measurable ways.
Our Supply Chain technology team ensures the right products are in stock, in the right places, at the right time, with the right cost profile to enable valuable delivery experiences for our customers, and differentiated value for our suppliers and carriers. We power availability, speed, and cost reduction across the value chain, from forecast to home delivery and post-delivery services.
What You'll Do
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Be a thought leader who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product design practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her teams with domain knowledge and design prowess.
- Collaborate with Stakeholders, Product Managers, Engineers, Content Strategy, UX researchers and other Designers to lead design concepts that deliver on business goals, solve user needs, and are technically feasible to implement.
- Run design thinking, research, and exploration activities to help your team navigate ambiguous problem spaces.
- Seek out and utilize data to make informed design decisions and impact product roadmap.
- Conceptualize and create design mockups from sketches, wireframes, and other UX deliverables that represent your design thinking.
- Communicate and advocate for design thinking process and design direction throughout Supply Chain org.
- Mentor/manage/hire designers within the Supply chain Org to elevate our design processes and craft.
- Structure, plan, and conduct primary user research across our Fulfillment Centers in the US and EU remotely as well as in person when travel safety improves.
What You'll Need
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem-solving skills spanning multiple stakeholder groups and diverse audiences.
- Expertise in crafting relevant deliverables including an online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- Strong skills in, and understanding of, modern design processes, including design tools like Sketch, Abstract, and Invision.
- Experience with leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions and measure impact
- Passion for building functional and engaging user experiences with a strong user-centric focus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of prof
- UX experience essential
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.