Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy (mobility of people), Careem is expanding services across its platform to include mass & multi-modal transportation, mobility of things and fintech. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organization that inspires. Established in July 2012, the company operates in more than 90 cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region with tech offices based in Dubai, Berlin, Lahore and Karachi, and business offices around MENA. Careem was recently acquired by Uber at a valuation of +3B$ but continues to operate independently.
About the role:
As a Product Analyst, you will be working with some of our most important product teams that are based in our Dubai HQ (more details below). You will participate in the development of new features used by millions of customers. Doing so, you will gain deep domain knowledge and become an expert.
- Build dashboards and reports for product KPIs, helping stakeholders (PMs, EMs etc.) monitor performance.
- Identifying & sharing new product and user insights from quantitative/qualitative product data, including trends, patterns, correlations etc.
- Define and analyze key product data sets to understand customer, product, and market behaviours, generating insights to inform better product decisions.
- Recommend product and business decisions based on your analysis.
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements and questions and find innovative ways to answer those through data analysis.
- Ability to effectively synthesize, visualize, and communicate insights and ideas to others in order to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- Challenge and contribute to product decisions based on your insights.
- Drive data mindset in the team, guide in terms of methodology, support and execute testing, and be a quality gatekeeper on data leading to product decisions, even ask to revise decisions that contradict the analytical insights.
- Proactively owns how data is leveraged and used within their stakeholder groups (proposing new initiatives that solve business problems, measuring the business impact of their output, continuous improvement of reporting deliverables etc.)
- Assist in running A/B tests using your knowledge of statistical methods (t-tests, chi-squared etc.)
- 4 years of experience.
- Preferred degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, economics or another similar quantitative field and are eager to keep learning and applying new knowledge.
- Prior experience in Product Analytics or other forms of data analysis.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines.
- Experience with advanced analytics and with statistical software languages, with analytics tools and environments
- Web / App Analytics / Analysis : Firebase / Google Analytics / Excel
- Visualization: Tableau
- Programming: Python or R & advanced SQL
- Advance knowledge in data gathering and cleaning to ensure the quality of data to be used in the analysis.
- Should be a self-starter & able to deliver without follow-ups / minimal supervision.