Senior UX Designer - IBM Cloud
Austin, Texas, US
The IBM Cloud team is seeking innovative and enthusiastic software engineering and Design professionals to join our team building the next generation multicloud platform. If you love working with cutting edge technologies, dynamic and high performing teams, then this is the right next step in advancing your career. You will be challenged to design and develop cloud applications and services leveraging a wide variety of open source, machine learning, and commercial technologies aimed at dramatically expanding the reach of the IBM Cloud to millions of enterprise developers. Our focus on delivering performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads, at global scale and with leadership, efficiency, resiliency and security is the cornerstone of our development model and will result in maintaining IBM’s leadership position for years to come.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work location: Austin, TX
As a Senior UX Designer on IBM Cloud, you’ll work with a global team of visual and UX designers responsible for the IBM Public Cloud. You’ll contribute to every aspect of the product creation process, from brainstorming the next great innovation to tweaking pixels before launch. You’ll mentor members of our team to elevate our level of craft, guide branding decisions to craft a uniquely IBM product experience, and drive UX and UI consistency across the platform.
• Represent design as part of the cross-functional Platform leadership team to help set the strategy for the organization. Partner closely with the User Research and his team to utilize generative research in strategy development.
• Leverage your management experience to coach talented and engaged designers on Enterprise Design Thinking practices
• Drive cross-stage collaboration by helping designers to identify dependencies and areas for cross-department work.
• Drive innovation across the organization by driving the adoption of processes and tools.
• Set an example for how to effectively communicate across stages by frequently participating in asynchronous collaboration in issues and merge requests.
• Give creative direction to ensure the highest quality, market-leading design outcomes
• Actively participate in design discovery activities to help define products and features
• Prioritize work effectively and collaborate with brilliant software engineers, product managers, researchers and designers in a fast moving culture
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 6+ years of experience in design
• Design portfolio that shows your design process and outstanding shipped products
• Advanced Interaction Design skills and Human-Centered design methods in practice that meet user needs and business goals
• Actively engaged in the UX community and in tune with the latest developments in the industry
• Ability to define product requirements based on user and stakeholder research
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 10+ years of experience in design
• Technical experience in cloud platforms
• Associate's Degree/College Diploma in a design field or Computer Science or Human Computer Interaction
• Desire to make the best products in the industry hands-down
• Infectious curiosity — always looking for opportunities to learn new things
• Self-Motivation with an open mind
• Demonstrated communication skills
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.