Director, Growth Strategy
Director, Growth Strategy
The Director, Growth Strategy will join a unique strategy and operations team driving Datadog’s next phase of growth. We’re interdisciplinary thinkers leveraging diverse business backgrounds in management consulting, business development, law, investment management, investment banking and tech to accelerate Datadog’s global growth. We work directly with Datadog’s most senior leaders to set corporate strategy, improve efficiency across the business, support data-driven decision-making, own complex operations and more.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of 3+ strategy analysts focused on planning and improving our sales functions
- Partner closely with executive leadership to set revenue strategy and steer the company
- Own all aspects of sales strategy including annual planning, incentive design and insights
- Develop our global go-to-market model and ensure its successful implementation
- Define key metrics and leading indicators for the business and its operating units
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, customer success, finance and other departments
- Generate quantitative analytics and qualitative insights on how to improve the business
- Build a perspective on Datadog’s product, market and competitive positioning
- BA required; MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- 8+ years of experience including at least 3 years in management consulting
- Hands on manager willing to roll up their sleeves to help develop work product
- Proven manager with a track record of coaching junior contributors to high performance
- Proven track record of leading reports, stakeholders and leadership through ambiguity
- Core strength in synthesizing complex qualitative and quantitative data
- Proficient project manager experienced at delivering complex work product on time
- Proficiency with SQL and Tableau is a plus
- Experience in a high growth technology company is also a plus
- Excited to work with engineering, marketing, sales, finance and other functions
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For more information on how we maintain the privacy of the information you submit as part of your application, please refer to our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.