Geneva, Zurich, Switzerland
Posted 1 week ago
ProtonMail was born at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in 2013 when a group of scientists and engineers envisioned an email service that empowers people to own their private data and keeps them safe from mass surveillance. Since then, ProtonMail has become the world’s largest secure email provider, with over 20 million users and a profitable business model. Our mission extends beyond email: we’re building a better Internet through other privacy-focused services, including ProtonVPN, ProtonCalendar, and ProtonDrive. We are looking for passionate people to join our growing team and help us build a suite of security tools that safeguard privacy online build a better Internet.
We are looking for a Product Owner who would make sure that the day-to-day execution adheres with company product priorities. You will work on one of our products: ProtonMail, ProtonVPN, ProtonCalendar or ProtonDrive.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with engineering teams and their leads on a frequent basis to help manage priorities, backlogs, and delivery schedule
- Communicate with other members of the product team to assist in planning and execution of our feature pipeline
- Collaborate with our customer-facing teams on incoming reports and requests, and resolve prioritization
- Coordinate with other teams at Proton Technologies to make sure shipped features and improvements are supported with effective marketing campaigns
- More than three years as a product manager, product owner, or equivalent role coordinating release cycles for technical teams
- Ability to understand the company’s technology at a deep level
- Experience working closely with internal technical teams, including engineering and development
- Leadership and management skills, i.e., proven ability to motivate, lead, and drive teams
- Strong project management skills, i.e., ability to manage time efficiently, delegate responsibility effectively, solve problems quickly, present persuasively, and communicate clearly
- Experience in agile and/or scrum environment required, certification is a plus
- Degree in computer science or engineering preferred
- Past software development experience (e.g. JS, Swift, Kotlin) considered a plus
Why work at ProtonMail?
- We work on interesting, challenging problems every day. There is never a dull moment.
- Our startup culture means everyone’s opinion matters. You can have a significant impact.
- Our rapid growth means there are many opportunities for advancement
- The chance to do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default. Join the privacy revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail is using Recruitee recruitment platform for more effective hiring and better candidate experience. Your data will be kept confidential and not shared with any third parties.
Keep in mind that you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org email or other addresses on the protonmail.recruitee.com domain.