Product Design Intern
Remote, United States
This is for a summer 2021 remote internship, you must be graduating December 2021 or later. Please do not apply for more than two internship positions.
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We are hiring a Product Design Intern to help design the future of Slack! Designers serve a vital role here from building the experience of new features, to the craft and finish of each detail. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. You will have the opportunity to work with a small and collaborative team and will be paired with one of our product designers, who will act as your mentor throughout the program!
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work closely with your mentor and product design leadership to define the details of your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Collaborate with engineering, research, and product management to ensure a high-quality implementation and ship a polished user experience
- Solicit and incorporate feedback on your work from your mentor, other product designers, and multi-functional team members
What you should have
- Must be graduating December 2021 or later
- Experience designing both mobile and desktop products
- A strong portfolio, showcasing a foundation in interaction and visual design, typography, and idea generation
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- Proficient in web technologies and design software such as Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Pursuing a degree in Interaction Design of UX
- Experience defining product features
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.