Product Analyst (Public Cloud)
Santa Clara, California
Palo Alto Networks
Posted 5 days ago
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for top-notch Product Analysts to expand the team. As a Product Analyst at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in helping us build and scale our cloud security platform - Prisma Cloud.
In this role, you will work on cutting edge technologies in security and public cloud (AWS, Azure & GCP). The individual will help us with data analytics to get deeper insights into how customers use our product, impart technical training to both pre and post-sales teams and also drive help drive product roadmap by working with product management and engineering.
You must also be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales challenges and address solutions as needed. The job requires approximately 10 percent travel.
● Design, develop and implement scalable software features on our next-generation security platform as part of our Prisma Access Cloud Service
● Work with different development and quality assurance groups to achieve the best quality
● Suggest and implement improvements to the development process
● Work with DevOps and the Technical Support teams to troubleshoot customer issues
● Work with other software development teams to apply PanOS features on GPCS
● Interview, mentor and coach new team members
● Ability & Interest in learning new Cloud security technologies and gaining hands-on expertise with major CSP’s such as AWS, Azure and GCP
● Experience with data analytics
● Participate in setting up lab environments in different public cloud and work on PoC/PoV based on customer request or to support internal feature development
● Partner with product managers to influence roadmap and guide product design & implementation
● Ability to learn and write basic scripts (e.g. Python) and/or Infrastructure-as-a-code templates such as terraform, AWS cloudformation, Azure ARM templates etc… to build cloud infrastructure through automation
● Ability to learn and build serverless functions such as AWS LAMBDA, Azure functions etc…
● Strive to become the go-to technical expert of Prisma Cloud security & help Systems Engineers/Customer Success team with product related questions.
● Co-author supporting product and solution collateral including battle cards, technical whitepapers, blogs etc. related to Prisma cloud / cloud security in general
● You must be technical enough to support yourself and the team around you and at the same time enthusiastic to do and learn public cloud security focused on areas below:
IaaS, PaaS, Container & serverless cloud security
● Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above or a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
The Prisma Cloud Security team is responsible for building products that protect data, workloads, and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers in their journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises leverage public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in public cloud. Palo Alto Networks is the market leader in this space.