Service Design Intern
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Dates: May 17th & June 7th
You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with a team of seasoned service designers who are focused on building world-class customer experiences. We have a fun, highly supportive and collaborative team culture that places emphasis on building relationships with our teammates and internal partners. We’re eager to experiment with our craft and share our learnings with each other as we continuously reshape how our team operates.
The ideal candidate is passionate about collaboratively designing high quality end to end customer experiences by bridging the gaps between marketing, sales, partnerships, support, education, and product.
What you’ll do:
Work together with other service designers, product designers, content strategists, engineers, product managers, and marketers to develop future end to end experience strategies for Mailchimp customers.
Common service design deliverables:
- Supporting the team in research activities
- Creating customer personas
- Conducting current experience audits and identifying experience gaps
- Conducting competitor experience teardowns and/or benchmarking
- Contributing to define and populate service design frameworks such as customer Journey Maps, Service Blueprints, Stakeholder Maps, and Ecosystem Maps
- Collaborating with other team members to build out experience prototypes
We’d love to hear from you if you can:
- Can work well collaboratively but equally comfortable with self-directed work and taking responsibility for deliverables
- Are empathetic, hardworking, and self motivated
- Are familiar with design tools such as Figma and Miro
- Are currently pursuing a degree in an accredited Design or HCI (Human Computer Interaction) background
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.