Sr. Product Manager
Slack helps teams work together - big teams, small teams, of every industry and role. One of the main goals of Slack is to make communication and collaboration more valuable and effective. We do this by constantly simplifying and speeding up the steps to initiate conversation, discuss, retrieve and organize information, and eventually, decide and act, with courtesy and quality embedded in everything we do.
Slack is seeking a product manager to lead these key initiatives as part of the Foundations Product Team. In this role, you’ll set product vision and oversee development for features that define how people engage with and utilize channels. You’ll focus on business metrics and exceptional product quality, on user research and hands-on prototyping. You’ll work fast with incredible engineers and designers, and put the user’s needs above everything else.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You’ll own features and prototype plans end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- You’ll demonstrate product taste and craftsmanship and be a champion for the customer informed by research, sales and the customer experience team. You will be responsible for driving a crucial product initiative at Slack and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- You’ll identify the highest impact work, prioritize that work, and deliver improvements in a measurable way. Along the way, you’ll partner with colleagues in product, engineering, design and customer support to create a healthy, high-achieving team.
- You’ll set a clear go-to-market strategy in partnership with product marketing.
What you should have
- Depth of experience leading business-critical product initiatives. You can take big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance.
- Tireless eye for detail and demonstrated obsession with building great user experiences
- Ability to think big and small to build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision. You are as comfortable working in paper-prototypes as you are building out scalable features for demanding enterprise clients and know when to do which.
- Natural leadership. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Written communication that is clear and effective, and leads to fast decision making
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving (previous enterprise software experience is not required)
- Comfortable and skilled at presenting to and gaining traction with audiences of all sizes, from executive meetings with our CEO, to customer meetings, to company all-hands and external events
- Technically proficient: capable of wading into the details, but can also drive 30k foot view
- You’ve worked on consumer products before and have strong opinions on what makes for an excellent collaboration experience
- You have a design background or strong experience building well-designed and useful products
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.