Product Marketing Manager - APAC
Come onboard and help craft how real world games are positioned and presented to the world. As an APAC Product Marketing Manager, you will help build and drive product marketing strategies for Niantic’s real world Augmented Reality mobile games in APAC. Part creative, part analytical, this role will require your strategic and tactical skills to help launch and run campaigns, increase retention, and build user happiness in our quest to get the world exploring more with our games. Niantic’s games are distinct from typical casual mobile games, and so is our marketing strategy. During your time here, you’ll work closely together with a team of hardworking and passionate marketers to conceptualize and execute impactful campaigns, lead the regional marketing strategy for global franchises, and work with executives and key business partners. And, most significant, you’ll have tons of fun.
This position is responsible for planning and executing marketing activities to grow players of all Niantic games, focusing primarily on Pokémon GO, and in APAC, focusing primarily in Japan. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- You are going to build an APAC marketing plan and supervise all relevant marketing channels (Social Media, Direct Marketing, events, Paid UA etc.) to run a global live mobile game. Find opportunities for growing business (# players, revenue) and take appropriate actions in APAC, but focusing primarily in Japan.
- Define and execute new product launch and/or marketing campaigns in close coordination with internal cross-functional partners including Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Business Development/Partnerships, Operations/Customer Support, Marketing Communications, Community Management and Comms/Comms/Public Relations teams, external partners (including local governments), and also external marketing / PR agencies.
- Track and work towards goals including: consumer awareness, user acquisition, DAU, MAU and user retention.
- You will track and interpret product and marketing analytics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies, where relevant.
- You will build, guide and track the APAC marketing budget.
- You will conduct return on investment analyses on all marketing campaigns and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Needs to have a passion for crafting and producing impactful experiences for fans, and strong commitment and initiatives to achieve the business goal.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years experience in marketing of IT industry, and/or partner development.
- Product positioning strategies that factor in market and competitive dynamics.
- Direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting.
- Paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media buying, campaign tracking and optimization.
- Social media marketing; familiarity with community management & engagement strategies a plus.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to lead complex projects with multiple partners and multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Passion for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics.
- Strategic problem solver with strong leadership, management, and social skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission.
- Native in Japanese, and business level communication in English.
- Able to travel, including domestically and international.
- Avid Pokémon GO player and fan.
- Business experience in international environment.
- Experience as a management.
- Gaming industry experience.
- Languages in APAC region other than Japanese.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.