Principal Product Manager, Duolingo Events
A navigator to propel a world-class team on a world-changing mission.
We believe that real-life conversation practice is a crucial part of the language learning journey. Duolingo Events allows learners to meet up and practice together in small groups, led by a host who is fluent in the language. Originally a platform for local gatherings, we launched Online Events in response to the COVID-19 lockdowns, and it’s been a massive success, bringing learners together from across the world.
There are now hundreds of events every week, enabling meaningful connections and helping learners improve their skills in a fun, social atmosphere. We’re now looking for a product leader to scale Events globally and help shape the future of the ecosystem.
- Drive long-term strategy for Duolingo Events
- Grow the Events ecosystem from both sides of the marketplace (hosts and attendees)
- Drive product features through their entire creative cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration
- Work closely on a cross-functional team and with C-Level executives, including our CEO
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to discover feature ideas and validate them before development
- Perform quantitative analysis on features’ performance and find opportunities for optimization
- Ability to travel to Duolingo's Pittsburgh, PA headquarters every quarter
- Experience generating outstanding results as a Product Manager at a high performing software company (ideally 5 years)
- A desire to make the world a better place through technology and education
- Ability to utilize user insights, data, and statistical analyses to inform decisions
- An instinct for creating simple and intuitive user experiences
- Proven ability to learn fast
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and innovative
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Design, Psychology, or related field
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Experience working with 2-sided marketplace products or events-related products
- Advanced degree in Business, Computer Science, Design, Psychology, or related field
- Professional experience in areas highly related to our work as product managers at Duolingo, such as software engineering, design, data analysis, or language learning.