Director of Product Marketing
San Francisco, CA
About the Department
Marketing builds awareness, drives acquisition, and expands usage by developing innovative, breakthrough campaigns that are delivered through multiple channels, including our website, blog, emails, social media, events, and advertising. Product Marketing plays a central role by partnering with Product Management, Product Strategy, Sales, Communications and throughout the company to deliver customer insights, take new and existing products to market, and develop content that fuels growth campaigns.
What you'll do
The Director of Product Marketing will be responsible for leading all product marketing for network services at Cloudflare, which includes Magic Transit, Magic Firewall, Cloud IDS/IPS, Argo, Spectrum, and DDOS. As a seasoned product marketing leader, you’ll hire and develop a growing and talented team, while also partnering closely with other Cloudflare functional leaders (product management, sales & solutions engineering, demand generation and comms) to effectively drive awareness and demand for our ever-growing portfolio of products and solutions. This will be a highly visible leadership role within the organization, which will have a significant impact on the long-term growth of the fast-growing Cloudflare business.
- Provide leadership for all network services product and solution messaging, competitive analysis and positioning, product launch management, GTM strategy, sales enablement, and customer insights to inform sales and marketing campaigns that drive customer acquisition, retention, and expansion.
- Hire and lead a team of high performing product marketing managers
- Allocate resources and budget to efficiently maximize business outcomes
- Partner with demand generation and expansion marketing teams to generate pipeline and revenue for the network services portfolio.
- Partner with communications and analyst relations teams to establish Cloudflare as a leader in network services.
- Be the voice of the product to the entire marketing team. Be the voice of the marketing team to product management and CTO organization.
- Drive high-visibility product launches to demonstrate innovation and ultimately drive new revenue.
- Lead the development of compelling and easy to implement sales plays to target this market.
- Strong technical depth and ability to learn quickly, balanced with sharp business sense.
- Be a top speaker for Cloudflare.
- 5+ years of experience leading product marketing in networking, security, and/or in a service provider.
- Significant experience in B2B technology marketing with a keen understanding of the Internet ecosystem and technical audiences.
- People-focused leader with proven ability to build creative, collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to overall business objectives.
- Experience positioning technical products to both technical users and economic decision makers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. This role demands someone who is gifted in their ability to use the spoken and written word to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, and most importantly, with technically-oriented customers.
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, or related field (MBA highly preferred)
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.