Data Product Analyst Intern - Summer 2021
Los Angeles, California
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and help organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions help 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Data Team
We sit on top of a mountain of data here at SurveyMonkey - behavioral, experimentation, transactional, and user level. The Data team provides the tools to allow us to be a data driven business.
As a Data Product Analyst Intern, you will work with business and technical teams to establish essential metrics and identify opportunities to unlock new growth in our business. Using your skills and business perspective, you will analyze user interactions with SurveyMonkey's website, and create reports and tools to ensure decision-makers in the company can easily track product performance and conduct focused analyses to make specific recommendations to improve our business.
What we're looking for
As we refine and expand our Data Product strategy, you will help determine new standards and establishing self-service tools to expand internal access to data and basic reporting tools. If you excel in environments where you help create relevant insights by solving problems, we'd love to hear from you.
- Partner with multiple teams to provide data insights, identify trends and opportunities, and answer questions
- Apply your skills in quantitative analysis to analyze how our users work with our products
- Work with various teams to build data products
- Manipulate and analyze data from multiple sources, ensure data quality
- Communicate analysis and associated insights to broad audiences
- Democratize data by designing interactive reports and dashboards
- Currently pursue a bachelor's degree in Quantitative or Computational field (Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, etc.), or other equivalent quantitative experience.
- Proficient in accessing data warehouses (SQL, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, proprietary equivalents)
- Experience building dashboards in common visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI )
- Think from both the user's and business' point of view.
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.