Product Design Intern - Summer 2021 (Virtual)
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
What we're looking for
During your internship, you will work closely with our Product Design Team on design projects that support SurveyMonkey's core experience: survey creation, sending, survey-taking, and data analysis. You will gain experience through designing feature improvements, working on an actual feature from scratch, observing your designs being tested with real customers, and working side-by-side with product managers and engineers.
- Design feature improvements and fixes
- Design a brand new product feature
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Provide support to Product Design team members
- Attend Product Design team meetings and be an active participant
- Take part in design feedback sessions and iterate based on feedback
- Participate in user research sessions
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Product Design, Graphic or another related field
- Knowledge of UX research methods including usability testing, customer interviews and survey research
- Strong skills in designing both user experiences and interfaces
- Ability to work both independently and on a team
- Exceptional communications skills
- Experience with Sketch, Abstract, Invision, and able to use them with confidence
- Some experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- Familiar with motion prototyping experience with Principle, AfterAffects, or other
- Strong understanding of how code works
- Familiarity with SurveyMonkey
- Experience working with Product Managers and Engineers
- Strong Visual Design Skills - layout, color, typography
- Can design through code
- Experience with UserTesting.com or other remote research tools
- Prior experience conducting user research
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.