Senior Product Designer
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Design Team
We're on a mission to bring better design to the business world, and while we're at it we'd like to make our mark with stunning data viz, personable interfaces, and a commitment to empathizing with our users. If you believe that great design belongs everywhere and have the mettle to make it happen, let's talk.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer who is curious about customers and passionate about data-driven design. You'll be responsible for working with Product and Engineering to solve customer problems with elegant interaction, beautiful, intuitive UI, and a passion for making data more accessible to all. We are looking for someone with an appetite for leading projects through the full development cycle, conducting small-scale usability testing, and contributing to a central design system. As a senior member of the design organization, you'll be a key strategic player both within your product team and a contributor to the design craft and culture at SurveyMonkey.
- Define and clearly articulate design criteria, and tell a clear thoughtful experience story through your design solutions
- Tailor your design process to the situation, anticipate obstacles to chart a course forward
- Cleanly and quickly produce quality design concepts based on qualitative and quantitative feedback. Conducting user research is highly desirable.
- Experience guiding and leading groups of designers or cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Engineering, Data Analysts, Marketing, User Research, Content Strategy and Localization
- Experience collaborating with other designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience, both using and contributing to a centralized design system.
- Experience with Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS. You can adopt new tools, designs and technology into your work and teach them to others.
- 5+ years of experience on a product design team working across the entire product development lifecycle and successfully shipping products.
- Experience designing web-based applications.
- A portfolio is required with application and must demonstrate your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful user-centered designs. Work examples that exhibit visual design, product design, usability, and design thinking skills that span the entire process: ideation to implementation.
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.