Sr. Associate, Product Marketing
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a product marketer with analytical capabilities who will be responsible to support strategic growth initiatives for the Split Pay Growth Strategy & GTM team! This team drives the growth of our Split Pay business segment and Affirm’s user network.
This role is highly visible and cross-functional, requiring regular communication with the leadership team and other cross-functional partners to drive strategic alignment. The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving and analytical abilities, business sense, as well as interpersonal skills. This person will deeply understand our market, consumers, and retailers to help advise our Split Pay product strategy and launch go-to-market activities that drive growth and adoption.
Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to innovate and have a tangible and lasting impact on the direction of a fast growing FinTech company that is re-defining its industry.
What you'll do
- You will demonstrate a deep and broad understanding of the BNPL business and assist on critical initiatives and go-to-market efforts for our Split Pay business segment.
- Become a domain specialist on our product and competitive landscape by staying on top of industry, technology and competitive trends.
- Translate them into insights to continually refine Affirm’s market positioning as an inspiring leader and help influence product strategy to leapfrog the competition.
- Build thoughtful and succinct presentations to communicate technical products/features into client-facing narratives and enablement materials with a focus on positioning, benefits, and differentiation
- Conduct financial and data analyses to size and prioritize commercial opportunities for Product and go-to-market initiatives
- Partner cross-functionally with various teams on projects to drive alignment on business cases and proposed go-to-market approach for new products/features.
- Assist in end-to-end cross-functional project management of product rollouts from betas to GA spanning value proposition design, merchant discovery, impact analysis/business case sizing, operational readiness, campaign planning and execution, seller enablement, and post launch feedback collection.
- Build, supervise and report on critical success metrics that evaluate the performance of product adoption, product-market-fit, and GTM initiatives to communicate significant insights to relevant partners.
What we look for
- Passion and drive to reinvent both the retail and lending industry for the better
- 3+ years of experience within product/product marketing, strategy & operations, management consulting or investment banking.
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving rapid execution based on those insights
- Solid understanding of financial analysis and simple modeling to size business opportunities
- Proven understanding of Excel and basic understanding of/ ability to build knowledge of analytical tools, such as SQL, Python and visualization tools, such as Looker.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities – written, verbal, and graphic - are a requirement
- Strong work ethic - able to take ownership beyond own responsibility and manage timelines/deliverables optimally
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Direct, transparent, and humble
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Provide and be receptive to constructive feedback