Product Manager, Search & Insights
New York City
Product managers at Asana drive Asana’s product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for team productivity and collaboration. We’re defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work more efficiently together and see the larger purpose behind their work. You’ll work directly with Engineering, Design, User Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing to ship great product. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements — conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on Asana itself for millions of teams around the world.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join a growing team that is reimagining how we build an advanced search to harness the power of Asana’s complex and sophisticated data system. This person will drive multiple high-impact initiatives - from scaling the platform that powers our insights and reporting, to building a plan to incorporate multiple object types within our search, to creating a search experience that solves multiple customer needs. You thrive in complex, data-based problem spaces where it’s your job to deeply understand customer needs and use our technology to build innovative solutions. You enjoy cross-functional collaboration and getting in the weeds with your team to make work easier for teams everywhere.
The Product team builds features end-to-end - from designing their data models to implementing the subtle interaction behaviors that differentiate good software from great software. We work closely with UI designers and are supported by our infrastructure team. We aim to delight users with both large new features and smaller, daily product enhancements—thanks to our continuous deployment architecture. We want to create a superlative user experience, down to the smallest details.
What you’ll achieve
- Set the vision, strategy, and roadmap for your team and the teams it will touch.
- Ruthlessly prioritize customer value and clearly articulate what’s needed so your team can focus and execute quickly.
- Connect the dots across experiences and teams to create a cohesive search experience for our customers.
- Build a high-performing cross-functional team with deep customer insights, co-creation and camaraderie.
- 2+ years professional experience managing software products from inception through launch and iteration. Nice to have: experience managing Search products and working with Elasticsearch.
- Get Stuff Done: creates, flexes, and evangelizes a roadmap. Thoughtfully breaks down projects to MVPs to maximize customer value with the least amount of work.
- Customer centric: elicits non-obvious customer needs, synthesizes research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem
- Communication and collaboration: co-creates with teammates to deliver high-quality results. Speaks and writes with clarity
- Grow Team Asana: mentors others. Creates great team morale. Shares best practices.
- Growth Mindset: leads with curiosity, open to feedback
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.