Senior Product Manager, Merchant Engagement
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
That goal infuses every part of what we do, from the moment a user sees Affirm for the first time all the way through to their final payment. As the Product Manager for the Merchant engagement teams team, you’ll build the tools, systems, and workflows that make the Affirm merchant experience better than anything else out there. Even more, you’ll create the product roadmap that allows Affirm to operate at internet scale: serving millions of users at just a fraction of the cost of our closest competitors.
You’ll be a passionate voice for the user within the merchant product space, and you’ll bring that perspective to the entire product organization (and beyond). You’ll live and breathe metrics, A/B tests, and workflow optimization, but you’ll also have the intuition and courage to know how to move ahead when numbers don’t tell the whole story. Most importantly, you’ll bring deep customer empathy, balanced with a laser focus on delivering the right functionality to serve those needs.
What you'll do
- Understand Affirm users at a deep level -- what’s important to them, what drives their decision-making, why they love Affirm, and what they wish would be better
- Create the experiences that make it seamless for consumers to find their own answers and make the changes they need, without ever having to reach out to support
- Design, implement, and constantly improve the platform that allows Affirm to answer all inbound questions and requests from users
- Be a thought leader in the company to influence the servicing and support experience for all new products we launch
- Be an expert on trends in everything from consumer credit and payments to shopping and e-commerce, and use that knowledge to shape the Customer Care team roadmap
- Dig into all aspects of Affirm’s customer care process -- including our entire customer engagement platform -- to create the strategy for how to scale our servicing process and tools for the next $50 billion in loan originations
- Build seamless user workflows for high-touch or complex agent processes
- Define new products and features with specs, wireframes, and product flows
- Collaborate across functions – including engineering, design, operations, legal, compliance, and product – to successfully launch and scale Affirm’s products
- Define key metrics for success and analyze the user impact of product features with airtight A/B tests and 2nd order insights
What we look for
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to post-launch
- A get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or investigating the root cause of a customer support ticket
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- An obsession for getting the details right, but also knowing how to ship on time
- A drive to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Familiarity with SQL and Excel for product analysis