Technical UX Writer (Contract)
SecurityScorecard is an industry-leading cybersecurity company backed by Google, Sequoia, and Riverwood. Our mission is to make the world a safer place. We measure your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of A through F based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. Our Comprehensive security ratings, advanced data analytics, and actionable insights discover Third-Party Vulnerabilities & Security Gaps In Real-Time.
Headquartered in NYC with over 200+ employees globally, raised over $110M USD, used by 1,000+ enterprise customers, and rating 1.5 million companies. We have created a new category of enterprise software, and our culture has helped us be recognized as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
Our vision is to create a new language for companies and their partners to communicate, understand, and improve each other’s security posture.
About the team
Content Designers are system architects, using language as a design material to solve problems for the people and businesses using our products. From strategizing how information can best be sequenced to crafting outstanding user interface copy that helps our users succeed in their goals, you have an informed point of view as to how better experiences can be built through content, especially across large, complex workflows.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to be someone with a dedicated mindset towards making things happen. You can understand the big picture, take ownership, and tackle problems wherever they arise. Given the nature and scope of the role, domain knowledge in cybersecurity services is highly valuable, though not required.
What you will do
- Work alongside a fast-paced, global team of designers, product managers, engineers, and research to craft thoughtful experiences.
- Understand, construct, and improve our products, focusing on system design and solving problems using language. Craft user interface copy that is clear and educational, enabling our users to succeed.
- Develop, manage, and evangelize our voice, standards, and systems. Steward quality and consistency across our entire product.
- Drive the development and maintenance end user documentation based on information gathered from peers, technical specifications, and actual system use.
- Assist with documenting our design system.
- Efficiently and consistently document internal systems, processes, learning, architecture, and standards.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience on user-focused writing including work with software products, digital agencies, documentation or journalism
- BA/BS in a technical field (preferred), Journalism, English, or technical communication
- Examples of your fantastic writing abilities via a portfolio of writing samples, representing team and personal accomplishments
- Strong experience in product content design, content strategy, and information architecture.
- Commitment to creating accessible and inclusive content.
- Strong understanding of product design, system design, and the product development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to explain decisions.
- Experience strategizing and executing with product and engineering teams.
- Ability to think deeply about why and how language and interfaces work together, with a clear point of view as to the impact of language on design. You can make complex terminology disappear.
- Must have shipped multiple products that people use.
- You are a quick learner, have an eye for detail and consistency, and exhibit unfailing attention to quality construction in documents.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Team Player; you’ll be working with a cross-functional team of software engineers, data scientists, and product designers. Bring folks on your journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity.You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity
- Strong analytical skills, creative and strategic thinking skills, and a good sense of humor
- Experience moving fluidly between high-level content strategy practices and hands-on writing tasks
- Experience working in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, Gmail, Trello, Mac, Jira Excellent communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.